“When in Rome,” the IWU Titans Celebrate Homecoming
September 27, 2005
BLOOMINGTON, Ill. – Illinois Wesleyan University students will celebrate Homecoming 2005, themed “When in Rome,” with a full schedule of activities. Combining tradition, school spirit, philanthropy and fun, annual events such as Friday’s date auction will benefit the American Red Cross Hurricane Relief Fund. Homecoming festivities, including games, contests, speakers and social events, will take place from Oct. 2 to Oct. 9.
• Sunday, Oct. 2: Decoration Celebration, various locations, time TBD; Ice Cream Social, 9 p.m., Hansen Student Center (300 Beecher St., Bloomington)
• Monday, Oct. 3: Screening of movie Smoke Signals, 7 p.m., Hansen Student Center; Lip Sync Contest, 9 p.m., Main Lounge, Memorial Center (104 University St., Bloomington)
• Tuesday, Oct. 4: Spirit Day on the Quad, 3-6 p.m., the Eckley Quadrangle; 4th Annual Ames/Milner Visiting Author Program featuring Sherman Alexie: Q&A, Milner Library (201 N. School St., Bloomington), 2-3 p.m., Presentation and Q&A, Westbrook Auditorium, Presser Hall (1210 Park St., Bloomington), 7-8 p.m., Book signing, John Wesley Powell Rotunda, The Ames Library (1 Ames Plaza, Bloomington), 8-9 p.m.
• Wednesday, October 5: Class Banner Celebration, 7 p.m., Hansen Student Center; Screening of movie Fantastic Four, 8 p.m., Hansen Student Center
• Thursday, October 6: Talent Show and Coronation Ceremony, 8 p.m., Hansen Student Center
• Friday, October 7: Tailgating, 4:30-6:30 p.m., Shirk Center Parking Lot (302 E. Emerson St., Bloomington); Titan Games, 6:30 p.m., Wilder Field, located at Shirk Center; Date Auction, 9 p.m., Hansen Student Center
• Saturday, October 8: IWU vs. North Central, time 1:30 p.m., Wilder Field; Homecoming Dinner, 7:30 p.m., and Dance, 8:30 p.m., The Radisson Hotel and Conference Center (10 Brickyard Dr., Bloomington)
For additional information, contact Haley Brown at email@example.com or (309)556-1366.
Contact: Meg Dubuque, (309) 556-3181