This full-time position performs duties related to the repair, maintenance, operation,
adjustment and installation of heating, air conditioning and refrigeration equipment,
and related electronic/pneumatic controls.
Installation, troubleshooting and maintenance of:
- Refrigeration and air conditioning include ice machines, refrigeration units, chillers,
DX systems, cooling towers, pumps and testing, interpretation, analysis and corrective
actions of weather treatment chemistry.
- Heating system includes boilers (steam and hot water), furnaces, steam systems, steam
traps, and storage tanks.
- Air handling and ventilation includes air handling units, lab fume hoods, exhaust
systems and fans, make-up air units, heat recovery units and air compressor systems.
- Natorium pool duties includes pool equipment, filtration system, pumping, valves and
interpretation, analysis and corrective actions of water treatment chemistry.
- Troubleshooting and maintenance of building HVAC pneumatic and computerized digital
equipment control systems.
- Daily spot-checks of equipment across campus; scheduling and supervising periodic
- Assist other trades as needed.
Requirements and Knowledge
- A high school diploma.
- Associate’s Degree, vocational, or technical school in HVAC Training preferred; and
three years related work experience. Military service with appropriate specialization
may substitute for education.
- EPA Refrigeration Reclamation Certificate
- IL State driver’s license
- Awareness of and adherence to safety protocols are of paramount importance.
- Physically able to climb stairs and ladders, often with equipment. Ability to lift
- Ability to perform duties within environment of heat plant, exposure to extreme heat
and active steam lines. Must work in confined spaces.
- This position requires an on-call rotation among crew members.
Please download the application at www.iwu.edu/human-resources/Positions.html. For full consideration, please submit application by June 22, 2020. Review of
applications will begin immediately and the position is open until filled.
Illinois Wesleyan University
Human Resources, Holmes 209
1312 Park Street
Bloomington, Il 61701
The final candidate will pass a pre-employment background investigation and physical.
Illinois Wesleyan University’s sexual harassment and sexual misconduct policy may
be accessed at http://www.iwu.edu/human-resources/SexualMisconduct.html. Illinois Wesleyan University is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Inclusive
Excellence; details at www.iwu.edu/diversity