Accounting Major Requirements
Must be completed with a C- or higher by the endof the sophomore year.
Cumuluative GPA in foundation courses must be at least 2.5.
Students who fail to meet these requirements will not be allowed to enroll in 300 level Business classes.
Foundation Courses Sequence
- Acct for Decision Making I - ACC 112
- Acct for Decision Making II - ACC 212
- Gateway Colloquium - GW 100
- MATH 110, 151, 161, or 165
- Intro to Econ - ECON 100
- Statistics - ECON 227
- Internship 397 does NOT count as an elective toward any major or minor.
- No more than one D in the major or minor permitted
- No course may be used to meet requirements of more than one major or those of a major and a minor
- The University requires students to complete 11 course units numbered 300 or higher; at least 4 of them must be in the major department.
Major Sequence in Accounting
- Accounting Information Systems - ACC 218
- Financial Management - FIS 303
- Marketing - BUS 331 OR Management - BUS 341
- Tax Accounting - ACC 315
- Accounting & Auditing Concepts & Theory - ACC 316
- Specialized Topics in Financial Reporting - BUS 317
- Accounting & Auditing Processes - ACC 318
- Cost Accounting - ACC 319
- Business Law I - BUS 355
....More News & Events