Titans Caring for Titans
We find ourselves continuing to respond to the COVID-19 pandemic. While a majority of our students, faculty, and staff are fully up-to-date with vaccinations and boosters, the Illinois Wesleyan University community plays a critical role in reducing the spread of COVID-19 and in protecting the health and safety of our campus community and the greater Bloomington-Normal area.
By taking the pledge to keep Illinois Wesleyan University in good health, I accept responsibility for myself and my actions and will do my best to prevent the spread of COVID-19. I am aware the success of this plan rests largely on each member of the Titan community living up to this pledge, and I commit to doing my part. I am aware that the decisions I make will affect many others.
- Be up-to-date with the COVID-19 vaccination (including primary and booster) or pursue an exemption.
- Provide documentation by August 5, 2022 or submit and receive a medical or religious exemption.
- Conduct daily self-monitoring for symptoms of COVID-19 and report to Arnold Health Services (students) or a healthcare professional (faculty and staff) if I experience a fever of 100.4 F or higher, dry cough, difficulty breathing, muscle aches, abdominal discomfort, or new loss of taste or smell.
- Wash my hands regularly with soap and water or use hand sanitizer and avoid touching my face and eyes.
- Notify Arnold Health Services, isolate off-campus for five days and then wear a mask in all spaces for the five days if I contract COVID-19.
- Keep my clothing, belongings, personal spaces, and shared common spaces clean.
- I recognize that guidance may change and will adapt to new expectations as needed.
Protect My Fellow Titans
- Adhere to the University's close contact protocols and ensure honesty and transparency in reporting symptoms to protect the health of my peers.
- Honor the wishes of those who are not comfortable meeting in person, riding together in cars and visiting public places etc.
- Respect the preferences of individuals who have noted through communication or signage that they ask you to wear a mask in their spaces/meetings. If an agreement can not be reached, the individuals will work on a mutually agreeable plan to connect virtually.
- Communicate with Arnold Health Services and my faculty/professors when I am unable to attend class due to concerns with symptoms related to COVID-19 or other communicable diseases.
Protect the Community
- Follow all health and safety directives provided by leadership at IWU.
- Be positive, attentive, and helpful to anyone who might need support.
- Be flexible with our current circumstances, understanding that none of us has experienced a pandemic and we are all doing our best.
We have much to be proud of as Titans with regards to our successes in slowing the transmission of COVID-19 among our students. As students, faculty, and staff at Illinois Wesleyan, we must remain vigilant, and we can do better for ourselves, our fellow Titans, and our greater community.
With that in mind, I acknowledge my role as an Illinois Wesleyan Titan to follow the tenets of the Titan Pledge. Failure to comply with the expectations of our community may result in punitive sanctions. I acknowledge that these sanctions may include but are not limited to monetary fines, restriction from campus grounds or activities — including in-person classes, forfeiture of tuition and fees, probation, suspension in abeyance, suspension, or expulsion.