Spanish Option for Nursing MajorsIf you have interest in learning the Spanish language as you study nursing:
- Enroll in campus classes in Spanish concurrently with the nursing curriculum
- Study Abroad as an IWU student while living in:Barcelona, Spain:during the sophomore year, spring semester, with immersion in Spanish language and culture while living with host families in Barcelona. As part of the IWU Spain Program, students take courses offered in Spanish through Barcelona International College (BIC) while taking IWU nursing courses and participating in clinical observation experiences.
- Santiago, Chile; during May term or summer through the Institute for the International Education of Students (IES Abroad)
- Immerse yourself in the Spanish language in May term or in summer at The Center for Bilingual, Multicultural Studies in Cuernavaca, Mexico
- Enroll in internships to develop expertise with Spanish speaking clients throughout the U.S.A.
- Enroll in Medical Spanish (Spanish 230)