Wesleyan Honored for Student Activities, Leadership Programs
Nov. 15, 2012
BLOOMINGTON, Ill.— The Illinois Wesleyan University Office of Student Activities and Leadership Programs (OSALP) was awarded the Small Campus Programming Organization of the Year Award for 2012, by the Mid America National Association of Campus Activities (NACA).
The conference was held by the NACA in Grand Rapids, Mich. from Nov. 1 to Nov. 4. Sara Vore, a senior business administration major from Normal, attended and accepted the award on behalf of OSALP.
OSALP serves as a resource for programming, leadership development and student organizations on the IWU campus. According to Director of Student Activities and Leadership Programs Colin Stewart, “OSALP strives to create a sense of belonging for all students, school pride and opportunities for students to contribute toward creating a vibrant campus community.” It accomplishes this by bringing in comedians, bands, events and movies, as well as through its support of Registered Student Organizations (RSO) and Student Senate programs.
Stewart attributes the NACA award to the work of the following students, in addition to Vore, who program and run the events:
- Elise April, sophomore nursing major, from Evanston, Ill.
- Nicholas Carlson, sophomore theatre arts major, from Charleston, Ill.
- Amy Deboer, sophomore elementary education major, from Manhattan, Ill.
- Bailee Dunlap, sophomore international business major, from Mahomet, Ill.
- Becca Erickson, junior art major, from Saint Louis Park, Minn.
- Drake Hill, senior international business major, from Skaneateles, N.Y.
- Terrence Hood, junior accounting major, from Chicago
- Elisa Hurtado, sophomore biology major, from Chicago
- Nii Akuetteh Tetteh, sophomore business administration major, from Accra, Ghana
For additional information, contact Stewart at (309) 556-3850.
Contact: Shea Felde, ’14, (309) 556-3181 firstname.lastname@example.org