Young Alumni Council
The Illinois Wesleyan University Young Alumni Council (YAC) is comprised of graduates
of the last decade. Council members assist in fostering and sustaining relationships
between IWU and their classmates in an effort to keep them engaged and actively involved.
The YAC aims to enrich the lives of students and recent graduates through programming,
philanthropy, social and professional networking opportunities and volunteer recruitment.
These opportunities assist young alumni in their transition from a collegiate to professional
career and lays the foundation for a relationship with their alma mater that lasts
YAC Giving Circle
The Young Alumni Council strengthens the bond between alumni of the last decade and
their relationship with Illinois Wesleyan. The YAC are champions for IWU and it’s
brand. They promote events, provide a network for young alumni, and assist in the
transition from student to alumni by providing engagement opportunities and connections.
These efforts enrich the experience of the alumni association for our young alumni.
- Increase communication efforts by improving response rates and dialog with IWU’s alumni
and advancement offices.
- Strengthen attendance at regional and on campus events by 5% over the previous year.
- Develop an active “Young Alumni” following in each region (for graduates within 10
years post-graduation) that engages with the regional chapter sponsored by the Alumni
Association Board of Directors.
- Grow young alumni giving in overall dollar amount and participation.
- Attend quarterly conference call committee meetings with fellow Young Alumni Council
- Participate on social media by creating posts that engage young alumni with relevant
content surrounding special events, giving campaigns and networking opportunities.
For more information or to join the Young Alumni Council, email Amy Crumbaugh, Assistant
Director of Alumni Engagement, at email@example.com.