Young Alumni Council
The Illinois Wesleyan University Young Alumni Council (YAC) is comprised of graduates of the last decade. Council members assist in fostering and sustaining relationships between IWU and their classmates in an effort to keep them engaged and actively involved. The YAC aims to enrich the lives of students and recent graduates through programming, philanthropy, social and professional networking opportunities and volunteer recruitment. These opportunities assist young alumni in their transition from a collegiate to professional career and lays the foundation for a relationship with their alma mater that lasts a lifetime.
Meet the YAC Officers
Yolanda Juarez ‘17
Bilingual Early Childhood Teacher with Chicago Public Schools
IWU Major: Mathematics
IWU Activities: SALSA, ODI Volunteer and Student Worker, Presidential Selection Committee, Gates Apartment Manager
What advice would you give to fellow alumni? Reevaluate your passions on a regular basis. Read to continue learning.
Why are you an active alum? I felt a strong connection to the University and wanted to be a connection for others who wanted the same experience after graduation.
YAC Position: President
St. Michael, Barbados
Lauren Rock ‘13
Community & Network Development Director at NEWaukee
IWU Major: Educational Studies
IWU Activities: BSU, SAVVI, Track & Field
What advice would you give to fellow alumni? Remember to follow your dreams, no matter how big or small. The world is larger than the “IWU bubble.”
Why are you an active alum? I have a passion for creating belonging and affinity amongst my fellow Titans. Through these networks I seek to provide current students and alumni with a connection to our communities that fosters the cherished moments of their diverse Illinois Wesleyan University experience, and share their talents as a lifelong contribution to our shared vision for opening minds and facilitating breakthrough moments.
YAC Position: Vice President
- Increase communication efforts by improving response rates and dialog with IWU’s alumni and advancement offices.
- Strengthen attendance at regional and on campus events by 5% over the previous year.
- Develop an active “Young Alumni” following in each region (for graduates within 10 years’ post-graduation) that engages with the regional chapter sponsored by the Alumni Association Board of Directors.
- Grow young alumni giving in overall dollar amount and participation.
- Attend quarterly conference call committee meetings with fellow Young Alumni Council Members.
- Participate on social media by creating posts that engage young alumni with relevant content surrounding special events, giving campaigns and networking opportunities.
For more information, or to join the Young Alumni Council, email Erich Lieser '18 at firstname.lastname@example.org