The Summer Enrichment Program (SEP) is for current Illinois Wesleyan MALANA and International students. The program focuses on three major areas: academic, professional and personal growth. As participants of the program, students have a paid internship, learn from formal training workshops and work on a summer-long project servicing the Bloomington-Normal community. These activities are designed to enhance the students' team building and leadership skills. Consequently, those who successfully complete the program will be awarded a scholarship ($1,000). The SEP 2018 theme is the "Changing Climates."
Applications are closed for the 2018 cohort.
Students wishing to apply to be a part of the 2018 cohort must meet the following criteria:
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5
- Be a rising sophomore, junior or senior (current first-year to junior class standing)
- Commit to participating in the program for nine weeks - June through August, 2018
- Commit to engaging in an internship for between 24 to 32 hours per week
- Attend weekly on-campus meetings on Thursdays throughout June and July to engage in discussions, workshops and activities related to cultural, career and leadership development
- Submit an online application and contact two IWU faculty or professional staff members, and/or current or recent employers to complete a recommendation. It is preferred that one recommendation is from a faculty member. References can complete their recommendation forms at the following link: https://goo.gl/forms/qREV36GuIXLAgWuh2
- Attend the SEP meet and greet in March or April
- Attend check-in meetings regarding your internship placement in March and April