Part-time Registered Nurse
Arnold Health Services
Reporting to the Interim Executive Director of Counseling and Health Services, this
temporary, part-time position will assist in the assessment of students’ healthcare
needs. The Staff Nurse will perform health education with students, coordinate with
students’ primary providers and perform nursing care in a college health center.
This position will serve as needed (approximately 16-20 hours a week), during the
2020-2021 academic year.
- Deliver patient care; provide initial assessment (vital signs and current medications/allergies),
oversee triage of patients related to the urgency of patient needs, and implement
orders for in-house labs, allergy injections, maintenance of immunization records,
wound care, and treatments as directed by the Nurse Practitioner/MD. Provide patient
education, referral, and follow-up as necessary.
- Contribute to COVID campus response, including evaluating symptomatic and asymptomatic
students, conducting contact tracing within the campus community, and authorizing
clearance based on University policies.
- Manage clinical inventory and lab services as it relates to clinic operations.
- Promote optimal utilization of Electronic Medical Record (EMR) and maintain knowledge
of and compliance with all Health Services policies, procedures, and standing orders.
- Serve as liaison between Health Services and outside lab, EMR, vaccine and medical
- Collaborate with healthcare team to develop health and wellness outreach for the broader
- Hold and maintain an unencumbered State of Illinois Registered Professional Nurse
- Graduated from an accredited School of Nursing with a minimum of a Bachelor of Science
degree in Nursing.
- Maintain universal set of health standards including CPR certification and evidence
of immunization compliance.
- Physically able to stand and walk for long periods of time, ability to bend and twist
Please download the application atwww.iwu.edu/human-resources/Positions.html. Feel free to include a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional
references. For full consideration, please submit application by October 1, 2020.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Illinois Wesleyan University
Human Resources, Holmes 209
1312 N. Park Street
Bloomington, IL 61701
Fax: 309-556-1710 (please use cover sheet)
The final candidate will pass a pre-employment background investigation.
Illinois Wesleyan University’s sexual misconduct policy may be accessed at www.iwu.edu/human-resources/SexualMisconductPolicy.html Illinois Wesleyan University is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed Diversity
and Inclusive Excellence; details at https://www.iwu.edu/diversity/