This position is responsible for the preparation of journal entries and general ledger
reconciliations, as well as, management of loan programs and grant fiscal monitoring.
General financial accounting functions include reconciliation of accounts, preparation
of various journal entries, cashiering and assisting with the fiscal year-end audit.
This includes analysis of Statement of Activities accounts for accuracy and trend
analysis accuracy. This a full time, on-campus, benefits-eligible position. Generous benefits include health, retirement, considerable time off and tuition assistance.
- Financial Accounting; prepare monthly journal entries for various transactions and monitor assigned accounts
for accuracy and compliance with GAAP; reconcile bank accounts and other general ledger
accounts on a monthly basis; prepare financial statements for projects; assist with
the annual fiscal year audit.
- Manage IWU, Perkins and Nursing loans with Loan Servicer; review promissory notes when loan servicer has questions; issue refunds on credit
balances; counsel and respond to borrower questions on loan balances, errors or discrepancies;
coordinate loan deferments, forbearances, cancellations and returns; initiate loan
servicer tickets to make changes and/or correct errors on borrower accounts
- Coordinate the University’s loan collection process for out-of-school student balances; monitor the performance and loan assignments of three collections agencies and review
agency invoices; respond to collection agency inquiries; propose/recommend settlements;
prepare releases and paid-in full letters.
- Student Tuition Accounts; assist students/families with billing questions; run student account billings and
assist in installment plan set up.
- Grant Coordination; coordinate with Grant Primary Investigators on budget and project management.
- Associate’s degree in related field required, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum of three years experience; preference for experience in banking or higher
- Knowledge of word processing and Excel spreadsheet applications, generally accepted
accounting principles, current loan, privacy and collection regulations.
Please download the application at www.iwu.edu/human-resources/job-openings/. Feel free to include a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional
references. Review of applications will begin immediately and the position is open
Illinois Wesleyan University
Human Resources, Holmes 209
1312 N. Park Street
Bloomington, IL 61701
Fax: 309-556-1710 (please use cover sheet)
Illinois Wesleyan University does not offer H-1B or other work authorization visa
sponsorship for this position. Candidates must reside and be legally authorized to
work in the United States at the time of hire; maintain work authorization throughout
the employment term.
Illinois Wesleyan University is strongly committed to recruiting, supporting, and
fostering a diverse, inclusive, and civil community of outstanding faculty, staff,
and students. We seek candidates who have a demonstrated commitment to supporting
and further building our community in these dimensions. Illinois Wesleyan University’s
sexual misconduct policy may be accessed at www.iwu.edu/human-resources/SexualMisconductPolicy.html. Illinois Wesleyan University is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity
and inclusive excellence; details at www.iwu.edu/diversity.