This full-time, benefits eligible position is responsible for routine custodial duties.
Multiple openings and shifts available.
- Clean restrooms and showers; fixtures, walls, partitions, glass and refills dispensers
- Trash and recycle from disposal areas in offices, residence halls, activity rooms,
- Sweeping, mopping, vacuuming all floor types
- Project work will include stripping resilient floors and stairwells using floor machines,
mops, carpet extractors and detail vacuuming. Position requires ability to move furniture,
machines and mop buckets necessary for tasks.
- Re lamp fixtures will sometime require use of a 6 foot ladder and reaching overhead
- Dusting all flat surfaces and wall washing
- Porter duties include walking campus to disinfect high traffic/high touch areas
- High school diploma/GED
- Operates basic and mechanical cleaning equipment
- Maintains working relations with supervisor, fellow workers, students and faculty
- Works independently and/or within a group
- Demonstrates the ability to work with a diverse constituency
- Physical demands: Occasionally requires bending, stooping, pushing, pulling, squatting,
crawling, kneeling, climbing, balancing and reaching above shoulder and down to floor
and lifting 11-45lbs; Frequently requires twisting, turning, repetitive hand/wrist
motion and forearm rotation; Constantly requires standing, walking, traveling from
building to building multiple times a day and lifting and carrying up to 10lbs.
Please download the application at www.iwu.edu/human-resources/Positions.html. Review of applications will begin immediately and the position is open until filled.
Send applications to:
Illinois Wesleyan University
209 Holmes Hall
1312 Park Street
Bloomington, IL 61701
The final candidate will pass a pre-employment background investigation and physical
fitness screening. Per the Governor's August 26, 2021 Executive Order regarding COVID-19 vaccination, personnel in the higher education setting will need
to either provide proof of vaccination, or apply for a medical/disability or religious
exemption. All those not fully vaccinated will be required to participate in weekly
COVID testing on our campus.
Illinois Wesleyan University does not offer H-1B or other work authorization visa
sponsorship for this position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the
United States at the time of hire and maintain work authorization throughout the employment
Illinois Wesleyan University is committed to recruiting, supporting, and fostering
a diverse, inclusive, and civil community of outstanding faculty, staff, and students.
We seek candidates who have a demonstrated commitment to supporting and further building
our community in these dimensions. Illinois Wesleyan University is an EEO Employer.
Illinois Wesleyan University’s sexual misconduct policy may be accessed at www.iwu.edu/human-resources/SexualMisconductPolicy.html. Illinois Wesleyan University is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity
and inclusive excellence; details at www.iwu.edu/diversity.