Titans Giving Back: Virtual Day of Service
Tuesday, October 6 is Titans Giving Back: Virtual Day of Service. The traditional ways we think of volunteering have been altered, but there are still
numerous ways you can contribute your time and talent! Check out these recommendations
on how you can get involved!
Donate Blood through the American Red Cross
- Partake in Operation Gratitude - Craft handmade items and written letters for military troops, first responders,
and emergency medical personnel
- Assist IWU University Archivist & Special Collections Librarian, Meg Miner, by identifying people
and details in the historical photo collection. Review the photos and email Meg Miner (email@example.com) with information and the link to the photo you're identifying.
- Begin an environmentally clean up project in your neighborhood.
- Become a penpal with a local nursing home resident
- Join the National Archives’ Citizen Archivist program to transcribe, tag, and add comments to its records to simplify accessibility
ResQWalk app raises awareness of animal welfare organizations and makes a donation to animal organizations
based on on how far you walk your dog.
Help turn books into ebooks with Project Gutenberg
Record yourself reading in the creation of audiobooks at LearningAlly
Donate money, food, and products to your local food pantry or become a volunteer food
package deliverer at Foodpantries.org
Assemble care packages to those in special need during COVID-19
Identify opportunities tailored to your interests
Check out a sample of volunteer opportunities in your region or locate volunteer opportunities in your area.
Hands On ATL connects you to a volunteer opportunity that fits your interests
One Good Deed matches you with an elder in your community --their “Friendly Phone Visitor” program
allows you to connect in the safety of your own residence.
- Group and individual volunteering at Atlanta Community Food Bank
Truly Living Well – farm volunteering
- Support children that have been victims of abuse, neglect, and abandonment at Bloom Our Youth
McLean County, Illinois
Minneapolis-St. Paul, Minnesota
New York City, New York
Raleigh/Durham, North Carolina
St. Louis, Missouri