Arnold Health Service (AHS) advises all domestic students and their families to contact their insurance carrier to determine the benefits allowed when the student is at IWU and to obtain a list of local physicians covered by their plan. All students should have an insurance card issued by the insurance company or a copy of the card (front and back). Arnold Health Service makes every effort to insure the student receives the optimum health care available and your cooperation is greatly appreciated.
Every full-time student is provided the Basic Accident Benefit. Coverage is in effect for the academic year. Students are covered from the first to the last date they are required to be on campus and coverage will continue in force between breaks provided the student remains registered for each subsequent academic session.
Injuries should be reported to the Health Service within 24 hours. It is the responsibility of the student to initiate the insurance procedure. The insurance claim forms may be obtained at IWU Health Service or online through the website listed below. Athletic related injuries should contact the Athletic Trainer for claim forms.
All full-time students are automatically enrolled in the United HealthCare Choice and PPO Network. The cost of The Waiver Plan insurance for 2014-2015 is $1,539.00. Enrollment cards may be printed from the http://iwu.edu/healthinsurance or contact EIIA for further assistance. Contact Health Service prior to that date if insurance information is needed. Insurance coverage will extend from August 15, 2014 through August 14, 2015.
Participation in the Waiver Plan is required unless a waiver form, identifying comparable coverage, is completed at http://iwu.edu/healthinsurance prior to August 29th. No exceptions will be made for waivers received after the deadline. A yearly waiver is required; however, if waived, any change to the student's health insurance coverage must be reported immediately to the Business Office.
Insured students with a large deductible on their primary insurance plan or an HMO or PPO plan that excludes all out-of-network services should seriously consider purchasing the Hard Waiver Plan.
Students may log on to the provider's website at any time at
http://iwu.edu/healthinsurance for the following:
- Download a complete description of the Student Insurance Plan
- Download a claim reporting form for accidental injury
- Check the status of their claims
- Print claim related information
What to do if you have a claim:
- If you have other insurance, file a claim with the other insurer first. If you are insured by an HMO/PPO, you must obtain pre-authorization for all services rendered or benefits will be reduced by 50% for injury.
- If the other insurance does not pay the entire bill, secure a claim form and instructions from the IWU Health Service for injury only.
- File only one claim form per accident.
- Indicate the following information on any additional bills: your name, policy number, the school name, and date of claim.
Claim forms must be submitted within 90 days from date of injury.