Illinois Wesleyan Loan
The Illinois Wesleyan University Loan is available to students with financial need
determined by information reported on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid
(FAFSA). The lender is Illinois Wesleyan University.
IWU Loan Information:
Dates to Remember
- Complete your FAFSA application before November 1
- Review and respond to your award proposal after January 1 for incoming students or
after May 1 for returning students
Please note: IWU Loan documents need to be completed through Heartland ECSI. Please
wait for an email from email@example.com and complete the required documents at that
time. These documents will be available in the month of May.
The following is required only if the IWU loan is awarded as part of your financial
The Illinois Wesleyan University Loan is considered a private loan. To ensure the
processing of your IWU Loan, each year the following items are required and must be
- Accept the Illinois Wesleyan University Loan - this can be done either online through your MyIWU account, or by returning a signed copy of your award notice to the Financial Aid
- Master Promissory Note - a document completed that serves as the application for the loan.
- Private Loan Approval Disclosure - a document that is viewed online, giving you in depth information on the loan awarded
for the academic year.
- Private Loan Self-Certification Form - a document completed online that certifies your enrollment and cost of attendance
- Final Private Loan Disclosure - a document that is viewed online, giving you another look at the information on
the loan awarded for the academic year with the option of canceling the loan.
Heartland ECSI Loan Servicer
IWU is using Heartland ECSI to service our Federal Nursing Loans and IWU Loans.