Women's and Gender Studies Learning Goals
Through the major courses in Women's and Gender Studies, students will learn to:
1) Demonstrate an understanding of feminist perspectives on human experience and to
communicate that understanding through written and oral work.
2) Analyze the roles of women in history, both in American society and globally.
3) Analyze the social and cultural constructions of gender that shape women's and
men's daily lives in contemporary society.
4) Articulate how women have co-created with men knowledge in all areas of human endeavor.
5) Discuss differences related to gender and gender identity in the context of age,
ability, race, class, religion, sexual orientation, and national origin.