Photography & Filming
Library visitors are welcome to take photographs of the Ames building and exhibit
spaces for personal use; however, we ask that you please respect our users’ privacy
when taking photos or video. Photography or filming for any other uses within library
spaces must be pre-approved by the University Librarian by completing the Photography and Filming Request Form. Completing the form will help us plan for and inform our users about any filming
and photography in the building. Events scheduled through IWU Conference Services
do not need to fill out this form.
Please review the following before submitting your request:
- Filming for commercial or non-commercial (private) use may include television or video
production and still photography.
- Library spaces include floors and rooms for private, quiet study; designated areas
for group collaboration; library staff workspaces; Archives and Special Collections,
and the bookstacks.
- Film crew (technicians, actors, etc.), and equipment (cameras, video recorders, televisions,
etc.) will not distract library patrons or normal library operations.
- Library personnel maintain the right to suspend filming activities if they feel the
activity is an interference.
- Changes to library facilities or furnishings (furniture, artwork, lighting fixtures,
shelving, etc.) is strictly prohibited. If you need furniture moved, please indicate
on the request form.
- Film equipment must not block access to stairways, elevators, emergency exits, walkways,
librarian and staff offices, restrooms, or access to library materials.
- Participants assume all risk for any and all liability, losses or damages associated
with the photography/filming activities.
- Participants agree to release the University from any an all liabilities, damages,
losses or injuries participants sustain to their person or property which arise out
of or are related to the photography/filming activities.
If you have any questions, please contact the University Librarian.