Thank you for considering Evelyn Chapel on the Illinois Wesleyan University Campus for your wedding ceremony! If you have any questions or would like to visit the Chapel, please contact the our Conference Services office by phone at 309-556-3035 or by email at email@example.com. We look forward to working with you!
In order to reserve the Chapel for your ceremony, please:
- Read through this information as well as the Chapel Use Policies
- Print and complete the application form
- Send or drop off completed form and required deposit to our office
Reservations are not final until completed forms and fees received and confirmed by the Conference Services staff by email. Please do not make any firm plans until your reservation is confirmed! Due to the large number of services and programs at the Chapel, we suggest putting in your reservation as early as possible. The University may refuse an application because of scheduling conflicts or other reasons at the discretion of the Conference Services office or the University Chaplain.
The application timeline and reservation fee are determined by the couples affiliation with Illinois Wesleyan University. If one member of the couple is a current IWU student, staff member, faculty member or alumnus, then the couple will receive the affiliate status. Additionally, any children of the before mentioned IWU community members will also be considered affiliates.
Couples affiliated with Illinois Wesleyan University may submit the application for Evelyn up to 15 months in advance of the requested date.
Couples not affiliated with Illinois Wesleyan University may apply up to 12 months in advance.
A deposit of 50% of the Chapel fee is required with the application. The remaining balance is due at least two weeks before your wedding. All checks should be made payable to Illinois Wesleyan University.
Required Deposit due with Application $375
Not affiliated: $950
Required Deposit due with Application $475
The Chapel Fee includes:
- The Chapel space for 1 hour at your rehearsal and 3 hours at your wedding
- One hour music consultation with Dr. Susan Klotzbach, University Organist and Pianist, who will contact you directly once a reservation is confirmed. The University Organist plays the organ and/or piano for all ceremonies. Under special circumstances, you may also request to bring in outside musicians, who are expected to work with Susan to coordinate all instrument and rehearsal needs.
- An Illinois Wesleyan Ceremony Coordinator, who will serve as your host and assistant at the rehearsal and wedding day and who can also be available to answer specific questions in the weeks leading up to your wedding. The Coordinator is also responsible for helping people know where to go – florist, photographer, bridal party, relatives, guests, and specifically the seating of guests, the procession, forming the receiving line, and minor clean up following the ceremony
- Free parking for you and your guests on the wedding day in parking lots adjacent to or across the street from the Chapel
- Use of the entire building including the second floor meditation area, lower level Fellowship area and lower level conference room
- Use of such liturgical supplies as white taper candles, a kneeler, flower stands, etc.
- Six weeks before your scheduled ceremony, it is possible to reserve an extra hour before or after your allotted time if the Chapel calendar allows. The fee for this extra hour is $50 for affiliated couples and $75 for unaffiliated couples and would be added to final amount due.