Summer Enrichment Program
The Summer Enrichment Program (SEP) is for current Illinois Wesleyan students of color and international students. The program focuses on three major areas: academic, professional and personal growth. As participants of the program, students have a paid internship, learn from formal training workshops and work on a summer-long project servicing the Bloomington-Normal community. These activities are designed to enhance the students' team building and leadership skills. Consequently, those who successfully complete the program will be awarded a scholarship ($1,000).
SEP 2023 will run from June 5th through July 14th and students will be housed on campus at no cost.
Students wishing to apply to be a part of the 2023 cohort must meet the following criteria:
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5
- Be a rising sophomore, junior, or senior (current first-year to junior class standing)
- Cannot have previously participated in SEP
- Commit to fully participating in all 6 weeks, June 5th - July 14th, 2023
- Commit to working at an internship for 24 to 32 hours per week
- Attend weekly on-campus meetings on Wednesdays throughout June and July to engage in discussions, workshops and activities related to cultural, career and leadership development
- Complete the online application
- Submit the names and email addresses of two IWU faculty or staff references (references will be contacted to complete a reference form)
- If selected for the program, attend the SEP meet and greets in March and April
- Be in good standing with the University and commit to respecting fellow cohort members and ODI staff.