Commencement 2021 Details
Sunday, May 2, 2021
10:30 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.
- Graduates have been divided into two groups primarily by departmental major:
- If you are not planning to participate and your name is listed, please email Julie Anderson at email@example.com.
- If you are participating in the ceremony and have not already provided your name recording to
the Registrar's Office, please do so as soon as possible at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Gates will open for entry 90 minutes prior to the start of the ceremony.
- Procession of graduates and faculty will begin at approximately 15 minutes prior to
the start of the ceremony. The ceremony will last approximately 90 minutes.
- The ceremony will be held outdoors even in light rain or cool temperatures, so please
prepare appropriately so that you will be comfortable for the day.
- Students and faculty will be seated on the field, with guests seated in the bleachers.
All safety protocols will be followed - seating will be socially distanced and masks
will be required.
- In the event of severe weather alerts, we will relocate the ceremony indoors to the
Performance Gym at the Shirk Center. If moved inside, we will need to make adjustments
for how spectators can participate and will notify you via text message as well as
updates to our website.
- For those unable to attend, the ceremony will also be live streamed from our Commencement
- Graduates, if you are unable to attend but wish to be recognized, please contact Julie
Anderson at email@example.com.
Guests will be limited to 4 per student initially, and no one will be allowed to enter
without a ticket. Tickets will be managed by the President's office, including requests
for additional tickets, and will be available to pick up at Tucci Stadium upon arrival.
Please complete this form by Friday, April 2:
- To ensure we have the ability to communicate any change of plans due to weather, we
are requesting a phone number(s) to which text updates may be sent.
- Each student may invite four guests. Please indicate the number of tickets you would
ideally like to receive. As guidelines shift, we will do our best to accommodate
Caps & Gowns and other items
The University is pleased to provide the caps and gowns that graduates wear at Commencement,
and these are yours to keep. Orders may be shipped to your home or address of your
choice OR picked up on campus at the IWU bookstore April 29-30 between 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
or May 1 between 12-4 p.m.
Other items are available to purchase including announcements, diploma frame/cover,
class rings, and stoles.
GradImages will be taking photos of each graduate for ordering after the event. Pre-register and receive 20% off your photos at www.gradimages.com/
Please note that due to the late withdrawal policy this semester, all diplomas will
be mailed once they are ready. Therefore, please check the address you provided on
the graduation application to ensure we have the proper mailing address.
The campus bookstore will be open for shopping commencement weekend (May 1-2) during
the following hours:
- Saturday 12-4 p.m.
- Sunday 8 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.* (this has been updated with extended hours)
Specific ceremony instructions for graduates will be sent the week of Commencement.
This information and future updates will also be posted on the IWU website: www.iwu.edu/commencement.
If you have questions, please contact Julie Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org or (309) 556-3780.