To the Class of 2020 and Their Families
April 24, 2020
I am writing to provide you some updates regarding Commencement. This information
is posted on the IWU website as well at www.iwu.edu/commencement.
- Commencement will be held at 9:00 a.m. on Sunday, August 2. Please note the time change, due to possible hot temperatures in August.
- If you have not registered your intent to participate in the August ceremony, please
do so by July 6. Please consult the email sent on April 2 for the survey link or contact
Cheri Armstrong in the Registrar’s Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you need the link resent.
- If you would like your cap and gown shipped to another address, please use this link and select the HOME SHIP OPTION. Otherwise, details regarding pick up times and location
during Commencement weekend will be sent closer to the event.
- In addition, you may still order caps, gowns, and other items online until July 6:
- Cords will be distributed during Commencement weekend. For those who can’t attend,
they will be shipped to you following the ceremony.
- Herff Jones has offered a new option for you to design and print your own revised
date and time card inserts for your graduation announcements. The templates are available
- Details are forthcoming regarding the Senior Celebration event planned for Saturday,
If you have questions, please contact us at email@example.com or (309) 556-3780.
I hope your last week of classes has gone well, and I wish you the best as you complete
your final exams.
With best regards,