Sunday, May 1, 2022
1:00 p.m. — Kemp Commencement Plaza (Eckley Quad by State Farm Hall)
No tickets required. Plenty of seating will be available.
The ceremony may be viewed via live-stream using this link: www.iwu.edu/live
- A final decision has been made to hold the ceremony outdoors on the Eckley Quad in front of State Farm Hall at Kemp Commencement Plaza, so please dress appropriately for the weather.
- Students should meet by Aspiration Fountain behind State Farm Hall at 12:15 p.m. Line-up will begin at 12:20 p.m. There is no rehearsal. The marshals and others helping will guide you through each step. It works beautifully, so don't worry!
- Families and other guests, due to the rain/storms expected tomorrow, we will have more set-up to do than usual on Sunday morning, so please do not plan to arrive before 11:00 a.m.
- There will be golf carts roaming the area to pick up guests who need assistance and bring them to the quad.
- There will be plenty of guest seating for everyone. You do not need to bring your own chairs.
- There will be a handicap seating area that will also accommodate wheelchairs or walkers. One additional person may accompany the person sitting in this area, and if seating is available, other family members may join them.
Prior to, during, and after the Commencement ceremony, the President’s Office will sponsor a hospitality beverage tent on the west side of the Eckley Quadrangle. After the ceremony, faculty look forward to greeting the graduates and their families at the department locations denoted on this map.
Before the ceremony, light refreshments may be purchased at the Coffee Shoppe (9 a.m.-1 p.m.). The University Bookstore located in the Hansen Student Center offers many items for sale (9 a.m.-5 p.m.) Alumni items will also be available for purchase at the hospitality tent on the east side of the Eckley Quadrangle.
Near the Eckley Quadrangle, restrooms are located on the first floor of the following buildings: Shaw Hall, Center for Liberal Arts (wheelchair accessible), Memorial Center, and Holmes Hall. In the Shirk Center, the restrooms are located on the north side. A first-aid station is located in Holmes Hall.
There will be limited seating inside the Hansen Student Center to view the livestream.
Senior marshals for the Commencement ceremony are Professors David Marvin and Adriana Ponce. Student marshals are Zehra Bakirdan '23 and JD Barrett '23 representing the Junior Class.
Caps and gowns should be returned to the hospitality tent on the east side of the Eckley Quadrangle following the ceremony. Families are welcome to take as many pictures as they like after the ceremony before returning caps and gowns.
Grad Images will be taking three (3) photos of each graduate - one while crossing the stage, one receiving their diploma, and a still shot once they have exited the stage. You may pre-register at this link and receive 20% off your order: https://www.gradimages.com/registration/Register?ClientID=102179&OccasionRef=175529
If you have questions, please contact Julie Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org or (309) 556-3780.