Brittany Murphy Internship with Advanced Rehab & Sports Medicine
Name: Brittany Murphy
Major: Health Promotion and Fitness Management
Hometown: Canton, Illinois
Interning with: Advanced Rehab & Sports Medicine
Location: Canton, Illinois
Position: Rehab Aide
- What are your everyday responsibilities as an intern?
Take patient's subjectives, and explain and walk the patients through their exercises.
- How did you land this internship?
I have done both my own personal physical therapy and then observation hours with this clinic in previous summers, which allowed my to build relationships with the employees and eventually land the opportunity to do an internship with them.
- What drew you to this internship?
I really enjoyed the atmosphere that this clinic has. The employees are always smiling and create such a welcoming environment for everyone.
- How did IWU prepare you for succeeding as an intern?
IWU provided me with an abundance of guidance on how to find and land an internship.
- What do you hope to gain from this internship experience as you look forward to being a student/professional?
I went into this internship hoping to gain more experience on the daily life of a physical therapist in an out-patient clinic setting. I was eager to learn more about how they determine what exercises they choose to put their patients through, different types of manual therapy, and the documentation process.
- What's been a particularly rewarding experience as an intern?
The most rewarding experiences I have had since I started my internship are the connections and relationships I have made with the other employees and the patients. I have also gained so much knowledge about the physical therapy field and have been able to deepen my passion for it.
- In your opinion, why is it important for students to experience internships?
Internships allow students to start making connections with other professionals that are currently in their occupation field.