News for and about the Illinois Wesleyan community
Tuesday, Jan. 7
Orientation and registration of new students
Wednesday, Jan. 8
First day of classes
• 7 p.m., Shirk Center – Women's basketball vs. Augustana. Live video will be at www.iwu.edu/livesports
Thursday, Jan. 9
• 12:10 p.m., McLean County Museum of History (200 N. Main St., Bloomington) – Lunch and Learn – Chair and Professor of Physics Linda French will speak on "Asteroids: Rogues and Rosetta Stones."
• 4 p.m., Basement, Evelyn Chapel – ReligiosiTEA – All members of the IWU campus community are invited for authentic, challenging, respectful conversation about a variety of issues and themes from a diversity of faith and non-faith perspectives. Each week's theme is posted on the Evelyn Chapel Facebook page, or you can request to join the IWU Interfaith Facebook group for ongoing updates.
• 4 p.m., Merwin and Wakeley Galleries, Joyce Eichhorn Ames School of Art – Opening Reception for Art Exhibits – A lecture at 4 p.m. will be followed by a reception at 5 p.m. for works by David Jones, Marilyn Propp and Wayne Bertola.
Friday, Jan. 10
• 8:30 a.m., Ames Art Building – Reception for Susan Bassi and Molly Munson-Dryer – The President's Office invites faculty and staff to a reception for Susan Bassi and Molly Munson-Dryer; Susan is retiring from IWU and Molly has joined the office as the new executive assistant to the president.
• 8 p.m., Hansen Student Center – Comedians Omid Singh and Calise Hawkins
Sunday, Jan. 12
• 5 p.m., Young Main Lounge, Memorial Center – Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Fellowship Dinner
Monday, Jan. 13
• 4 p.m., Davidson Room, Memorial Center – Faculty Meeting
> Find more IWU events on the Campus Calendar.
Don't see your event? Submit the information online.
Thanks to the generosity of faculty and staff at the holiday luncheon, over three large containers of items were delivered to the Home Sweet Home Mission and $712 was raised for Alternative Spring Break.
Noticed the New "No Gun" Signs?
Under the Firearm Concealed Carry Act now effective in Illinois, signs indicating that the carrying of firearms is prohibited must be "clearly and conspicuously" posted in prohibited areas specified under the Act, which include university-owned property.
Snow and Ice Procedures
Please do not put snow and ice removal requests into SchoolDude. Please call Physical Plant at 556-3066 during our regular hours: Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. After hours, please call Security at 556-1111 for an emergency, and they will contact someone from Physical Plant.
The men's and women's basketball teams each scored decisive wins in their College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin openers on Saturday, Jan. 4.
> Find highlights at
Campus Weekly is an electronic newsletter from Illinois Wesleyan's Office of Communications, edited by Ann Aubry, assistant director for electronic communications. To submit items of interest, email firstname.lastname@example.org.