Campus Weekly is published biweekly during the summer
Tuesday, June 25
• 8-10 a.m., Physical Plant -- Reception for New Director of Physical Plant -- The campus community is invited to a reception to meet Jim Blumberg, who joins IWU on Monday, June 24, as the new director of Physical Plant.
Wednesday, June 26
• 4 p.m., Joslin Atrium -- IWU Clothing Swap -- Sponsored by IWU Wellness.
• 7:30 p.m., Westbrook Auditorium, Presser Hall -- Cello Camp - 1st Student Concert
Friday, June 28
• 7:30 p.m., Westbrook Auditorium, Presser Hall -- Cello Camp - 2nd Faculty Concert
Sunday, June 30
• 3 p.m., Westbrook Auditorium, Presser Hall -- Cello Camp - 2nd Student Concert
Wednesday, July 3
• 7:30 p.m., Westbrook Auditorium, Presser Hall -- Cello Camp - 3rd Student Concert
Thursday and Friday, July 4-5
Holiday -- Campus offices will be closed for a two-day staff holiday.
Saturday, July 6
• 1 p.m., Westbrook Auditorium, Presser Hall -- Cello Camp Final Concert -- The IWU Cello Camp will conclude with the 19th annual Midwest Cello Celebration, a combined performance by the camp's students, faculty and guests.
> See summer hours for campus facilities, including dining locations, The Ames Library, Shirk Center and Fort Natatorium.
> Find more events on the Campus Calendar.
Summer Camps & Conferences
> A variety of organizations will be our guests at campus facilities this summer. See a schedule. (Click on any event to see information about facilities used and likely parking locations for visitors.)
MyIWU Unavailable July 1-2 for Upgrade
Access to MyIWU will be unavailable during the installation of an upgrade on Monday, July 1 and Tuesday, July 2. The upgrade will begin at 9 a.m. on Monday. This upgrade contains critical patches to improve functionality of the MyIWU course tools.
Information Technology Services hopes to have MyIWU back in service by 3 p.m. on Tuesday, July 2. If you still have trouble accessing this service after the maintenance window, please contact the Help Desk at email@example.com, by phone at ext. 3900, or submit a request online.
New Campus Directory Feature
You can now search the Campus Directory by phone extension. Enter the last four digits of a campus phone number under "Faculty/Staff" to find the office or employee using that extension.
Robustelli Appointed to County Board Seat
Wesleyan's Carlo Robustelli will fill the McLean County Board position vacated by 2010 alum Scott Black, who resigned to take a seat on the Bloomington City Council.
• Illinois Wesleyan has been accepted into the Midwest Lacrosse Conference and the Midwest Women's Lacrosse Conference. The men's team will compete as an independent team in the spring of 2014, and both the men's and women's teams will begin conference play in the spring of 2015.
> Find more highlights at
Goal: $125 million
Progress: $114.16 million
• Professor of English Dan Terkla has been asked to deliver the Michaelmas term lecture for The Oxford Seminars in Cartography (TOSCA) at Oxford University's Bodleian Library this November.
Terkla also has been an invited speaker in the Maps & Society Lectures series at the University of London's Warburg Institute and in the Cambridge Seminars in the History of Cartography. He was made a fellow of the Royal Geographical Society, London, in 1998.
• Carol Rose '07 stars as Millie in the Fox Valley Repertory production of Why Do Fools Fall in Love? through July 28.
• Jeff Warren '83 acted quickly to aid the victim of a horrific crash near Carnation, Wash., in August 2011, and was featured in a KING 5 news report.
> Find faculty publications and research and creative activity on the University website or Digital Commons @ IWU.
Titans In The News
Norridge Harwood-Heights News
Janelle Santos '10, now pursuing a doctoral degree in social work, has returned from the Peace Corps "forever changed."
Reading (Pa.) Eagle
Professor of English James Plath, president of the John Updike Society, promoted plans to transform the author's childhood home into a national literary landmark.
Construction of the new student apartments at Illinois Wesleyan is on target for fall semester.
Bloomington aldermen unanimously approved giving up the public right of way on Beecher Street between Franklin Avenue and East Street so Illinois Wesleyan can turn the section of street north of State Farm Hall into a pedestrian-only pathway.
The (Yarmouth, Mass.) Register
The principal of Dennis Yarmouth Regional High School borrowed the oft-quoted words of the late Illinois Wesleyan President Minor Myers, jr. in his graduation remarks.
> More Titans in the News
IWU Peace Garden Extends Summer Volunteer Signup
Volunteers are needed on a daily basis to help water, mow, weed and maintain the Peace Garden.
Sign up here.
Produce from the garden will be sold at the Trailside Farmers' Market on Tuesdays throughout the summer from 3:30-6 p.m.
Contact Carolyn Ashley '14, IWU Peace Garden manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
> Visit the GREENetwork blog.
19th Annual Wellness Golf Tournament
Monday, July 22
El Paso Golf Club
Open to IWU faculty, staff, students, spouses, family and friends. Learn more.
Welcome New Employee
Quintin Overocker started
June 17 as the new associate registrar in the Registrar's
Office. He replaces Leanne Cox, who retired.
> Find current IWU job openings.
Campus Weekly is an electronic newsletter from Illinois Wesleyan's Office of Communications, edited by Ann Aubry, assistant director for electronic communications. To submit items of interest, or to unsubscribe, email email@example.com.