To register for IWU courses from abroad, you will need to consult with you academic advisor via e-mail. You will be sent a notice from the International Office via e-mail about the dates for academic advising. When advising begins, you will be able to see the course selections on the web via My.IWU; if you cannot access the online program, contact the Registrar's Office to request that a PDF version be sent to you via email.
Please see the Academic Calendar page for advising and registration dates. For students abroad in fall 2013, registration will open on Friday, November 1, at 8:00am CST.
Because you are off campus, you will need to choose your courses and contact your advisor to have those courses approved prior to your registration. Your advisor can then send you your registration PIN, and you can then register yourself online.
You are also strongly encouraged to complete an electronic Course Registration Form, which the International Office will send you during advising. The International Office and Registrar's Office will use that information if you are unable to register yourself from abroad.
Registration for Spring 2014
The advising process for spring semester 2014 will begin on Wednesday, October 23; general registration for spring semester 2014 will run from Monday, November 4, through Wednesday, November 13. Students currently abroad will be responsible for registering themselves but will be given access to the registration system on Friday, November 1.
Guidelines for registration from abroad are outlined below. Please note that abroad students are required to complete an online Course Registration Form, which will be sent to students by email.
The Program of Classes will be available on the web via My.IWU on Monday, October 21. To access the PDF program of classes, go to the student tab on My.IWU and the link is called "2013-14 General Program of Classes Information" or access the Schedule of Classes on My.IWU.
- Login to my.iwu.edu
- Click on "Students" tab
- Click on "Look-Up Classes to Add"
- Choose the correct term and click "Submit Term"
- Click on "Advanced Search"
- Complete the search criteria (e.g., subject, course attribute, etc.) and click "Get Classes"
- To see course comments, including prerequisites, instructor approval, and cross-listed courses, click on the "CRN"
To register for IWU courses from abroad, students will need to do the following:
- Consult with you academic advisor via email (we also recommend that you CC the International Office at firstname.lastname@example.org on this message). Because you are off campus, you will need to choose your courses and contact your advisor to have those courses approved prior to your registration and to get your registration PIN. We suggest you do this as soon as possible.
- Complete the online Course Registration Form, which will be sent to you by email. Remember to include your registration PIN on this form.
- Registration for study abroad students will open at 8:00 am CST on November 1. You may go online anytime after that and register yourself using your PIN.
- If you have difficulty registering yourself, please contact the International Office.
Students are encouraged to reach out to their advisors in the early days of advising.
Registration for May Term 2014
Registration for May Term will open on Monday. November 18. Students currently abroad will need to register themselves at their scheduled May Term registration date/time. When students login to register for Spring 2014 courses, they will be able to see their assigned May Term registration time.
Follow the general instructions above for advising. Consult with your advisor about May Term courses at the same time as you discuss your spring coursework, get your registration PIN, enter your courses on the Course Registration Form, and then register online on November 18.