Study Abroad

Returning to IWU


Well before it is time for you to begin planning your return, you will need to register for the next semester's classes at IWU. To do so from abroad, you will need to consult with your academic advisor via email and then register yourself online, as usual. 

For more information on this process, please see the Registering from Abroad page and refer to the appropriate section of your IWU Study Abroad Handbook.

back to top


Another arrangement you will need to make well before the end of your study abroad experience will be housing.  While you are abroad, ORL will contact you about the online housing selection process.  For more detailed information, please see the Campus Housing from Abroad page, and if you have any questions, contact the Office of Residential Life.

back to top

Transcripts and Grades

Study abroad students (except those on the IWU London and IWU Spain programs) are responsible for ensuring that their abroad transcripts are sent to and received by IWU.  Your study abroad program will not issue a transcript if you have any outstanding charges with them, and IWU will not grant credit without the formal transcript.

All grades for coursework abroad will be transferred in and included in your GPA.

Before leaving IWU to study abroad, you will have completed a Course Approval Form.  Upon return to campus, you will need to complete another Course Approval Form for any coursework not listed on that original form.

back to top