hkIf you wish to return to campus housing after you study abroad, you will need to arrange this before the end of your abroad program. The Office of Residential Life (ORL) recommends that students planning to study abroad consider, in advance of their departure, their plans for living either on or off campus when they return to IWU. 

For students who will be abroad during the fall and return to campus housing in the spring, ORL will contact you in late October or early November about the online housing selection process. You will be provided with a list of open beds on campus: these spaces are assigned on a first-come-first-served basis, so you should respond quickly. If you have a friend on campus with whom you would like to room and there are available rooms with two spaces on the ORL list, you can both request the move.

For students who will be abroad during the spring and return to campus housing the following fall, you will need to be aware of the housing lottery process, which takes place in March. During this process, students will need to complete an online application, make roommate requests, and select a room. All three steps are completed online, so students must have Internet access during this time frame.  ORL will send email updates to all students when this process begins.

If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Residential Life.