When you return to IWU, you'll need to make sure your abroad coursework transfers in properly.  While this happens automatically for almost all students, there are a few things you should be mindful of.


Study abroad students (except those on the IWU London and IWU Spain programs) are responsible for ensuring that their abroad transcripts are sent to and received by IWU.  Normally, you do not need to do anything -- your program will send your transcript when they have processed your grades.  However, your study abroad program will not issue a transcript if you have any outstanding charges with them, and IWU will not grant credit without the formal transcript. 

If you are unsure when or whether your transcript has arrived, please check with your program.

Course Approval Form

Before leaving IWU to study abroad, you should have completed a Course Approval Form (CAF).  Upon return to campus, you will need to complete another CAF for any coursework not listed on that original form.  Coursework on your abroad transcript that does not appear on a completed CAF will be transferred in as lower-level elective credit.


Please note that all grades for coursework abroad will be transferred in and included in your GPA.  See the Academic Credit page for more information.