APARTMENT STYLE HOUSING
The Gates at Wesleyan and East Street Apartments provide residential living options that combine the best of campus housing with a developing independence. Reserved for juniors and seniors at IWU, apartment-style housing options can be paired with the Block 75 commuter meal plan to maintain convenient access to campus dining services.
Fall 2017 Leasing Information
The Gates and East Street Apartments are priced competitively with private apartment complexes located off-campus and do require an annual lease. The per person cost is found on the Tuition and Fees page and is priced per semester includes all utilities. The Gates apartments are fully furnished (including full sized beds), basic cable from Comcast, internet, a dishwasher, and include an in-unit washer/dryer. East Street Apartments include bedroom furniture (including full sized beds), university cable, internet, and shared in-building laundry room.
How do I sign up?
Early applications will be available October 3rd at 4:30pm. The application process will be electronic, using the MyHousing portal. For step by step instructions, Check out this Video.
Leasing Timeline (Note these are START times - Individual times sent a few days in advance)
10/3/16 – Lease Applications open at 4:30pm FOR ALL GROUPS (Lease is not considered signed until students choose an apartment).
- Fill out application/sign lease online in MyHousing
- Add roommates in MyHousing, and everyone mutually agrees
- Apartments will be chosen on the schedule below. Priority for choosing apartments is based on the groups below, as well as the order in which applications are received.
10/10/15 – Apartment/Room Selection
- Starting at 7:30pm for GROUP 1
- Starting at 8:30pm for GROUP 2
10/18/15 – Apartment/Room Selection
- Starting at 7:30 for GROUP 3
- Starting at 8:30 for GROUP 4 (Time is estimated - starts after previous group is done)
10/19/15 – Apartment Room Selection
- Starting at 7:30 for GROUP 5
- Includes new Sophomores/Juniors interested in 1 or 2 year lease.
Groupings/Priority Order for Choosing Apartments
- Juniors with a current 2 year lease and can fill apartment
- Juniors with a current 1 year lease wanting to re-lease and can fill apartment
- Juniors with a current 2 year lease (without full apartment)
- Juniors with a current 1 year lease wanting to re-lease (without full apartment)
- Juniors with a current lease, adding Rising Juniors/Seniors to fill their apartment
- Rising Seniors who have had continuous on campus housing for 3 years who can fill an apartment
- Rising Juniors who want to sign a 2 year lease who can fill an apartment
- Rising Seniors who have had continuous on campus housing for 3 years (without full apartment)
- Rising Juniors who want to sign a 2 year lease (without full apartment)
- Open Leasing: any Rising Junior or Senior wanting to sign a lease