Summer Housing Info
Summer housing is available in Dodds Hall (Summer 2018) approximately 60 students. Summer residents will live in double rooms with a bathroom shared with other students in the suite.
To be eligible for summer housing, students must be in financial good standing with the Business Office, registered for Fall classes (recent graduates are not eligible) and fit one of four criteria:
- Employed full-time by the University during the period of residence
- Conducting research for a faculty member (approved by Provost)
- International home address
- Participating in the Summer Enrichment Program (SEP)
Students who fall out of compliance with any one of the required criteria will be asked to vacate summer housing within 48 hours.
Summer residence halls will be staffed with Resident Assistants (Click here for Summer RA Application Information) , and Office of Residential Life policies and procedures remain in effect throughout the summer term. Summer housing is a privilege, and violations of policy will likely result in termination of a student's housing for the rest of the summer.
Application Dates and Deadlines
Applications due by Saturday, April 15, 2018. Late applicants will be accepted and housed if space is available. Students who do not meet one of the above criteria will be considered after the applications everyone else.
Summer housing residents will remain May Term spaces until ORL designates a time that they will begin moving into their assigned summer spaces (see Moving Timeline below).
The cost of summer housing rent is billed monthly on an "all-or-nothing" basis. A student is staying for all or part of the month will pay the entire month's rent. Summer Rent will be reported to the Business Office within the first five days of the month of residence and will be applied to student accounts as per Business Office procedures.
|Charge Amount||Type of Housing|
Total of $825 for Summer 2017
(Billed $275 Per Month for June, July, and August
Residence Hall (Double room for Summer 2017)
From end of May Term - When students return in August
There are a few instances whereby the University will subsidize a portion of students' summer housing charges. These primarily include students participating in faculty-sponsored on-campus research (approved through the Provost's Office) or the Summer Enrichment Program (SEP) through the Office of Diversity and Inclusion. These subsidies will cover the cost of a standard room.
Summer Housing Move-In:
- All students will move in June 3rd & 4th. Keys will be available at the summer hall desk 9am-5pm both days.
- Students need to fill out and return their summer Room Condition Report (RCR) to a Summer RA by May 28th for early move ins, or June if you moved in that weekend.
- Students need to schedule and attend a check-out appointment with a Summer RA to check out of their MayTerm assignment after they moved into summer housing (room should be appropriately cleaned and all belongings out of the room before they can check out).
- Students will move into their fall assignments August 5th & 6th. Keys will be available at the summer hall desk 9am-5pm both days.
- Students need to fill out and return their Fall Room Condition Report (RCR) to ORL by last day of move-out.
- Students need to schedule and attend a check-out appointment with a summer RA to check out of their summer assignment either day of move out between 9am and 5pm either day (room should be appropriately cleaned and all belongings out of the room before they can check out).
***Dates Subject to change based on university needs***
Starting March 11th the application will be live in the MyHousing portal, through the student's my.iwu.edu account.
For help logging into MyHousing or with the application, check out this video: Completing Housing Application (Note: Video is about a different application, but the same process. You will only need the first part of the video.)