Soon you will begin your first year of college study. Please read this information carefully as it will assist you in the process of preparing for academic advising and registering for your first semester of classes. You will also be receiving this information on your IWU email account on June 10th, 2016, all website links will become active after that date.
- After June 10th, 2016 you must complete the online IWU Pre-registration Questionnaire (link to questionnaire sent via email on June 10th) confirming major declaration, ranking Gateway Colloquia preferences, and indicating second language interest by July 8th, 2016. You can find your email address and ID number on the letter that will be sent in early June by Information Technology Services.
- After July 8th, 2016, the Office of the Registrar will pre-register you for at least your Gateway Colloquia, and possibly two or three more classes depending on your major.
- During a student's first year at IWU, s/he is assigned to an advisor who is a faculty member in his/her declared major department, or to a dedicated first-year advisor (outside of the department) specifically trained to advise for the declared major department.
- If a student enters IWU as undeclared, s/he will be assigned to a faculty advisor specifically trained to advise undeclared students.
- During Turning Titan: New Student Orientation, you will have a group advising session and an individual advising appointment. It will be at this time, aside from the Gateway Colloquium, that you will have an opportunity to change any of the courses in which you will be pre-registered and complete your first semester class schedule.
What else do you want to take?:
In high school your classes were often selected for you. College is an opportunity to explore a variety of disciplines. Over the summer, peruse the IWU Catalog and look over the course descriptions to see what might be of interest to you for your first semester. You will be that much more prepared for your first advising appointment! Please note, the link to the catalog is for the 2015/2016 catalog. The 2016/2017 catalog will be available in August.
If you have any questions about the IWU Pre-registration Questionnaire, please contact the Registrar’s Office at (309) 556-3161 or email@example.com. If you have any questions about First-Year Advising, please contact the Academic Advising Center at 309-556-3231 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please complete the IWU Pre-registration Questionnaire by July 8th, 2016. An email will be sent on June 10th with the link to the questionnaire. Any questionnaires received after that date will be processed on a first come, first serve basis.