A minimum of 11 course units in psychology, including:
- Psychology 100
- Psychology 227 and 300 (recommended sophomore year)
- Two of the following: Psychology 211, 212, and 213
- Two courses numbered 251-259 (cannot take both 252 and 253 to fulfill this requirement.
- One course, numbered 311-329
- One course, numbered 351-369
- One additional course, numbered 301-370, 400, or 497
- One additional course in psychology (This may be met with any psychology course with the exception of 101 and 202)
- One course carrying the EXP attribute (does not need to be in addition to above)
Courses outside the department that are required:
- Two semesters of biology, either 101 and 102 or 107 and 108
- A philosophy course approved by the advisor (or psychology 330)
Six course units of which at least two are upper division. If students meet competencies through advanced placement or through coursework in another department, they must take additional courses to meet unit requirements.
- Psychology 100
- Either 211, 212, or 213
- Either 251, 252, or 259
- One of the following options:
- 202 and two additional psychology courses numbered 301 or above
- 227 and 300 and one additional psychology course number 301 or above
- Completion of methodology competency in another department (approved by psychology department chair), two additional psychology courses numbered 301 or above, and one additional psychology course as necessary to meet the six unit requirement.
For students enrolled prior to Fall 2011-
A minimum of ten course units in psychology including
- Psychology 100, 227, and 300
- Two of the following: Psychology 211, 212, or 213
- Two of the following: Psychology 215, 217, or 218
- One of the following: Psychology 311, 312, 313, or 317
- Two additional seminars, numbered 311-340 or 400
- One additional class in psychology. This may be met by any psychology course with the exception of 101.
Courses outside the department that are also required:
1. Two semesters of biology, either:
a. Biology 101 and 102 or
b. Biology 107 and 108
2. A philosophy course approved by advisor (psychology 330 may substitute for this requirement).
Six course units including:
1. Psychology 100
2. Either 211, 212, or 213
3. Either 215, 217, or 218
4. Psychology 227
5. Psychology 300
6. One additional 300+ level course