About The Department
Work Order Requests
Physical Plant now accepts online work order requests using a system called MySchoolBuilding. To login and submit a work order request for the first time, simply click on MySchoolBuilding and when prompted enter:
- your email address
- your last name
You will then be asked to submit other information (first name, phone number) for
your account. Once you have logged in the first time, you will be able to simply use
your email address to log in with on subsequent visits.
When you are ready to submit a request or change any settings you will be asked for
the submittal password. Please refer to the Maintenance Requester Handbook for our password.
In order to more quickly respond to work requests, students need to enter work orders
with the Purpose Code "
." All other requests should be submitted as "General Maintenance."
How do I use MySchoolBuilding?
View the training videos or the handbooks below to learn how to use the system.
Maintenance Requester Training Video
Site Administrator Training Video
Click here to view the Maintenance Requester Handbook (PDF) to get started.
Click here to view the Site Administrator Handbook (PDF) to get started.
After viewing the instructions, click on any of the MySchoolBuilding links to begin.
What does MySchoolBuilding do for me?
MySchoolBuilding gives YOU control of your maintenance service requests.
- You have the power to submit your own maintenance service requests as soon as you
discover a problem.
- You have the potential to help your technician expedite your service request when
you submit a single detailed request for each issue you encounter.
- You have the benefit of system-generated email messages that will keep you updated
on the progress of your service call.
- You have a documented history of your call from start to finish, including progress
notes relating to your request.
- You have the ability to review, at your convenience, all of your service requests
in the "My Requests" section of the database.
- You have the convenience of the SchoolDude MessageCenter, which allows you to correspond
with the technician assigned to your call simply by clicking on his/her name.
Doesn't using MySchoolBuilding make more work for me?
No! Once you've registered for MySchoolBuilding, it won't take you any longer to submit a service request than it would take you to
send an email message with the same information. The process is simple...
- You use any of the links on this page to access the login page.
- You enter your email address and click Submit.
- You will be redirected to the Maintenance Request page, where your account information
is already filled in.
- You make a few clicks and type a brief - but detailed - description of your problem.
- You enter the submittal password, which can be found in the Maintenance Requestor Handbook (PDF), and your call is logged into the system.
MySchoolBuilding does the rest. Your call is automatically assigned and routed to the appropriate Physical
Plant staff member, and you begin to receive system-generated emails relating to your
call. From start to finish - you are in the loop.