The Photographer/Videographer produces compelling photography and video to promote
Illinois Wesleyan University on its website, publications and social media platforms,
with an understanding of the power of visual storytelling to communicate effectively
and creatively. Maintains an updated visual library of University people, events
and campus environments to showcase the value of the Illinois Wesleyan experience.
Works closely with the communications/marketing team to conceptualize and create videos,
photos and multimedia content that furthers strategic communications goals and effectively
engages diverse audiences, particularly prospective students and donors. This is
a ten-month non-exempt position with benefits.
- Photography: Capture compelling images in varied styles, including photojournalistic,
sports and artistic representations of the University people, events and campus.
- Editing: Edit video footage and create motion graphics to produce short videos; process
and edit photos for timely use by various campus departments.
- Producing: Schedule and shoot engaging video footage featuring students, faculty,
staff and alumni in interviews and candid settings.
- Creative development: In collaboration with creative team, envision and develop visual
promotion and marketing strategies.
- Minimum of three year’s relevant experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of photography/videography theories and practices and ability
to use in complex, difficult and/or unprecedented situations, specifically knowledge
of intellectual property and copyright laws and best industry practices
- Preference for a Bachelor’s degree
To apply, please download an application at www.iwu.edu/human-resources/Positions.html.
Applications must be received no later than December 20, 2017.
Illinois Wesleyan University
Human Resources, Holmes 209
1312 N Park Street
Bloomington, Il 61701
The final candidate will pass a pre-employment background investigation.
Illinois Wesleyan University’s sexual misconduct policy may be accessed at www.iwu.edu/human-resources/SexualMisconductPolicy.html
Illinois Wesleyan University is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed Diversity
and Inclusive Excellence; details at www.iwu.edu/diversity