APARTMENT STYLE HOUSING
The Gates at Wesleyan and East Street Apartments provide residential living options that combine the best of campus housing with a developing independence. Reserved for juniors and seniors at IWU, apartment-style housing options can be paired with the Block 75 commuter meal plan to maintain convenient access to campus dining services.
Fall 2016 Leasing Information
The Gates and East Street Apartments are priced competitively with private apartment complexes located off-campus and do require an annual lease. The per person cost is found on the Tuition and Fees page and is priced per semester includes all utilities, on-site washer/dryer, internet, cable television and more. The Gates apartments also include furniture, a full sized bed, basic cable from Comcast, a dishwasher, and include an in-unit washer/dryer.
How do I sign up?
Early applications will be available September 21, 2015 at 4:30. The application process will be electronic, using the MyHousing portal. For step by step instructions, you can view this slideshow.
9/21/15 – Early Leasing starts at 4:30pm FOR ALL GROUPS
- Fill out application/sign lease online in MyHousing
- Add roommates together, and everyone agrees to roommates
- Priority for choosing apartments later is based on order in which applications are received as well as group/priority info below.
- 24 hours you apply, you will be able to select your roommate online in MyHousing.
10/1/15 – Room Selection
- Starting at 7:30pm for GROUP 1
- Starting at 8:30pm for GROUP 2
10/5/15 – Room Selection
- Starting at 7:30 for GROUP 3
10/6/15 – Room Selection
- Starting at 7:30 for GROUP 4
10/7/15 – Open Leasing /GROUP 5 starting at 6:30pm
- Includes new Sophomores/Juniors interested in 1 or 2 year lease.
Groupings/Priority Order for Choosing Apartments
- Juniors with a current 2 year lease and can fill apartment
- Juniors with a current 1 year lease wanting to re-lease and can fill apartment
- Juniors with a current 2 year lease (without full apartment)
- Juniors with a current 1 year lease wanting to re-lease (without full apartment)
- Juniors with a current lease, adding Rising Juniors/Seniors to fill their apartment
- Rising Seniors who have had continuous on campus housing for 3 years who can fill an apartment
- Rising Juniors who want to sign a 2 year lease who can fill an apartment
- Rising Seniors who have had continuous on campus housing for 3 years (without full apartment)
- Rising Juniors who want to sign a 2 year lease (without full apartment)
- Open Leasing: any Rising Junior or Senior wanting to sign a lease