Information for Fall 2016:
The Office of Residential Life is responsible for tracking the housing plans and current local contact information for all Illinois Wesleyan University students.
For this reason, during the Spring semester, all current students must fill out the appropriate application. For details on policies and fees, please reference the Housing Policies and Requirements page. For current students looking for a placement in the residence halls, choosing a room for fall is a two-step process: (A) online application and (B) online room selection.
Applications available are:
- Residence Hall (Fall 2016)
- Residence Hall - Single Room (Fall 2016)
- Residence Hall - Suites (Fall 2016)
- Residence Hall - Arts House (Fall 2016)
- Residence Hall - International House (Fall 2016)
- Residence Hall - Rainbow Floor (Fall 2016)
- Fraternity Chapter House (Fall 2016)
- Sorority/Music Chapter House (Fall 2016)
- Off Campus or Study Abroad (Fall 2016)
If you choose a residence hall specific application, such as a Single Room, Suite, or Theme Community and don't select/get housing in that area, THAT IS OK. YOU WILL AUTOMATICALLY BE ADDED TO THE GENERAL RESIDENCE HALL ROOM SELECTION.
All of these are found in the "Applications" menu in the MyHousing Portal. This application will place students into one of our Housing Selection pools and determine a sequence for room selection. Please view our Housing Selection FAQ for full details on the process.
Important News for the 2016-17 Academic Year
The following dates are also listed on our Housing Selection Calendar.
(Medical Accommodation paperwork must be submitted to Disability Services before March 1st - Click here for more info)
- February 3rd: Fall Housing Applications available on MyHousing
- February 21st, from 7-8pm: Pizza and Potentials - For students wanting a preview of the online room selection process, or who need help finding a roommate!
- February 22nd, from 7-9pm: Upper-Division Hall Tours
- February 24th: Early Application Deadline - For all Singles, Suites, & Themed Housing
- February 26th: Single Suite and Themed Housing Selection times sent to students
- March 1st-2nd: Single Suite and Themed Housing Selection LIVE in MyHousing
- March 21st: All other Residence Hall applications due
- March 25th: General Housing Selection times sent to students
- March 29th - 31st: General Housing Selection LIVE in MyHousing
MyHousing Online Program
Students are able to view their housing assignments, meal plan selections, and update personal and living preferences live in MyHousing, available through the student's my.iwu.edu portal. MyHousing is also going to be where students log-in to select rooms for Fall 2016.
For more details, check out our YouTube channel: IWU Housing Channel.
Roommate Matching - Online and Students looking for a roommate
Students who want to live together in groups will first do an electronic "handshake" with each other, confirming all rooming pairs online through MyHousing. Once this is complete, students are able to select the available room of choice during their designated selection time. Students who do not have a roommate, or enough roommates to fill a multiple-occupancy room (suites, for instance) can log into MyHousing and review potential roommate preferences through the "advanced roommate search" option. This will allow you to email and interact with potential roommates, avoiding being randomly assigned to a roommate. If you do not want to participate in this online matching, be sure to log into MyHousing and set your personal profile to private.
For students who are looking for a roommate, ORL will also host "Pizza and Potentials" come enjoy some pizza, and meet other people looking for roommates!
Academic Year Contracts
Housing contracts at IWU are offered for the academic year . This means if you choose a room through the early application process or during the Housing Selection in MyHousing, you will remain in the residence halls for the full year . Study abroad programs are excluded from this restriction.
In order to allow students an opportunity to learn more about the available housing options on campus, ORL Residential Community Advisors across campus will organize hall tours. While primarily for First-year students, all are welcome to participate. First-year students will travel from their halls in groups and walk through the traditional halls and suite communities.
Early Housing Applications
The Office of Residential Life will providing students with the opportunity to apply complete early applications for housing spaces including Singles, Suites, and Theme Communities. The early application process was created to reduce stress during the lottery by informing students of their ability to secure a special room in advance of the Housing Selection. All other rooms will be selected during the general housing selection period.
Our mission is facilitating enjoyable, sustainable and inclusive communities that support and enhance students' academic achievement and personal development.