Parent & Family Orientation at Rising Titan
As you prepare for your student to join the Illinois Wesleyan University community,
we hope the questions and answers below will be of use to you. If you have any additional
questions please contact the Office of Orientation Services at firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to click on each item to see the response.
What is Parent & Family Orientation at Rising Titan?
- This opportunity is Illinois Wesleyan University's way of welcoming you to the university
experience. The sessions for you all at Rising Titan are designed for the parents
and/or guardians of first year and new students to learn the resources they need to
become the best support system for their student.
What will happen during Parent & Family Orientation at Rising Titan?
- You will learn about the academic and social aspects and expectations of our Titans,
hear from administrators, staff, and students, learn how to assist in the transition
to college, how to support a healthy, thriving Titan, and learn about the transformational
experience that is Illinois Wesleyan University.
- Parents and/or guardians of first-year students are invited to participate in Rising
Titan on June 13, 20, 23 and July 28 In-Person or virtually on June 16.
What does it cost to register and what does that cover?
- We have space for students to bring up to two individuals with them to a Rising Titan
session. The in-person sessions will cost $20 per family member/individual attending
with the students; the student is free. The cost is mainly to cover meals and snacks
throughout the day. Your registration to attend with your student is located in the
Rising Titan registration form students are responsible for completing.
Can I still register after the register after the specified deadline?
- If there is space, we can accommodate by calling the Orientation Hotline at 309-556-3749.
What if I cannot attend?
- If you cannot attend,do not worry, we will have some of the sessions pre-recorded
for you to watch in the month of July. In additional, we will be sharing pre-recorded
videos to review that assist in your transition too!