Titans Meet "All in for Wesleyan" Challenge
Thanks to challenge gifts from seven different alumni led by John Horton '82, and the efforts of many volunteers, nearly 2,000 donors contributed $400,000 in this one-day giving challenge.
Social Media Fuels Fundraising Challenge
Titans flooded social media with a groundswell of support for their alma mater and the "All in for Wesleyan" Challenge, giving back to support future students.
Eckley Scholars Devote Their Summers to Research
Eckley scholars are analyzing mice behavior for clues to stroke rehabilitation, exploring radical political parties, reviewing nursing practices, pursuing chemical catalysts and assisting a Chicago theatre production.
• The Illinois Wesleyan men's basketball team is one of 95 squads across all NCAA divisions to be recognized by the National Association of Basketball Coaches (NABC) in its inaugural Team Academic Excellence Awards.
• Understanding of the language of basketball helped Olivia Lett '12 hurdle language barriers while playing professional basketball in Spain last winter.
> Find more highlights at
• Brett Moore '10 of the Harvard Office of Athletic Communications was selected by the Collegiate Water Polo Association (CWPA) as the 2012-13 Men's Northern Division Sports Information Director of the Year.
• Erin Bradley '10 is a project coordinator in Chicago with the Digital Learning Research Project of New York University's Institute of Human Development and Social Change. She co-authored a study, "Teens, Digital Media, and the Chicago Public Library," published by the University of Chicago Consortium on Chicago School Research. She also co-authored a case study for a MacArthur-funded program, "Hive Fashion: Translating Interest Into Career Opportunity."
• Ashley Samsa '06 published "Enough with the teacher bashing. It's not helping students or anyone else," in The Guardian on July 11.
• Wendell and Loretta Hess Professor of Chemistry Ram Mohan gave the keynote address at a two-day international conference hosted by Coastal Chemical Research Society (CCRS) in collaboration with Sanketika Vidya Parishad Engineering College.
An exhibition by Director of the School of Art and Professor of Art Miles Bair is on display at Duane Reed Gallery in the Saint Louis Central West End Gallery District, 4729 McPherson Avenue. The show will be on view through Aug. 24.
> Find faculty publications and research and creative activity on the University website or Digital Commons @ IWU.
Through Aug. 10
Merwin and Wakeley Galleries, Joyce Eichhorn Ames School of Art -- Art Exhibits -- The exhibit "Ground" features work by artists Robert Fifield, Claire Hedden and Doug Johnson. Summer gallery hours are Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday, 12-3 p.m.
Monday, July 22
• 11 a.m., El Paso Golf Club -- 19th Annual IWU Wellness Golf Tournament.
Tuesday, July 23
• 7:30 p.m., Westbrook Auditorium, Presser Hall -- Illinois Chamber Music Festival -- Student, faculty and guest artist performances continue through Aug. 2.
Thursday, July 25
• 3-6 p.m., The Gates at Wesleyan -- Open House at The Gates -- The campus community is invited to an Open House at The Gates at Wesleyan, a new living option for students. See a preview gallery on Facebook.
> Find more events on the Campus Calendar.
Campus Weekly is an electronic newsletter from Illinois Wesleyan's Communications Office, edited by Ann Aubry, assistant director for electronic communications. To submit items of interest, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit titanpride.org today to update your profile, register for an event, post pictures, or simply get back in touch.
Explore Wesleyan in Videos
A new, ongoing collection of videos by Illinois Wesleyan's Video Production Specialist Amy Young highlights Illinois Wesleyan and its people.
Titans In The News
New York Times
Jac Jemc '05 is a finalist for the PEN Prize for her debut novel, My Only Wife.
Sammi Grant '12, starring in Spectralia Theatre's touring production of "The Comedy of Errors," says being legally blind hasn't hindered her performing career.
(Orange County, Texas) Record
Dreamscapes, an exhibit by artist Earl Staley '60, is on view at the Art Museum of Southeast Texas.
(Arlington Heights) Daily Herald
Former Titan quarterback Tom Kudyba '06 will coach in Brazil's first professional American Football League.
Robert Wierema '07 has joined Lockton, the world's largest privately held insurance broker, at its Chicago office.
Associate Professor of Political Science Kathleen Montgomery was among those offering back-to-school advice to college students for staying on top of their studies.
Mitch Nowicki '05 is taking on the role of head baseball coach at Lincoln-Way North High School in Frankfort.
Among "moviedom's best & brightest," Richard Jenkins '69 is on a Postmedia film critic's list of "5 actors who make films better."
The (Aurora) Beacon-News
The Rev. John Bell
'91 is the head pastor of Wesley United Methodist Church in Aurora.
Melynda Chlebek '08 was sworn in as a new police officer in Romeoville.
Katie Stapleton '16 is raising funds to compete in the Miss Illinois USA pageant.
> More Titans in the News
Get Your Titan Gear
Visit theiwubookstore.com for the latest Titan paraphernalia.
Transforming Lives Campaign
Goal: $125 million
Progress: $114.74 million
(As of 7/10/13)
Annual Donor Goal:
4,063 alumni donors