Clemens '13 Named Academic All-American
Tara Clemens '13 has been elected to the second team of the Capital One Academic All-American women's track & field/cross country squads, becoming Wesleyan's 115th Academic All-American athlete.
• Recent graduates Brittany Levens and Rebecca Candra and Amy Seter '15 have been chosen as All-American Scholars for 2012-13 by the Women's Golf Coaches Association.
• Isaac Funk Professor of German and Russian and Director of International Studies Marina Balina was an invited speaker at the conference "Space of Memory: Auto/biographical Genres in Russian Culture and the European Context" at the University of Padova, Italy. She gave a talk on post-Soviet childhood memoirs.
- On May 14, gave a lecture at the University of Hamburg, Germany, entitled "Zwischen Identitat und Selbstdarstellung: Judische Kindheit in der post-sowjetischen Literatur."
- On June 14, presented a paper entitled "Playing History with Post-Soviet Children: Russia's National History as a Game of Image and Text" at the 40th Annual Children's Literature Association Conference at the University of Southern Mississippi.
• Karen Zander '70, principal and co-owner of The Center for Case Management, will be the keynote speaker at a Care Management workshop on July 10 at University of Michigan Hospitals and Health Centers.
> Find faculty publications and research and creative activity on the University website or Digital Commons @ IWU.
Sunday, July 14
• 7:30 p.m., Westbrook Auditorium, Presser Hall -- Illinois Chamber Music Festival -- A faculty/guest artist performance will feature the Klughardt Trio for oboe, viola and piano. Guest and student performances continue this week at 7:30 p.m. Thursday, July 18, and 3 p.m. Saturday, July 20.
Wednesday, July 17
• 2 p.m., Hansen Student Center -- Ice Cream Social -- The Faculty and Staff Recognition Committee invites all faculty and staff to an Ice Cream Social. (Sugar-free ice cream will be available.)
Monday, July 22
• 11 a.m., El Paso Golf Club -- 19th Annual IWU Wellness Golf Tournament -- Open to IWU faculty, staff, students, spouses, family and friends.
> Find more events on the Campus Calendar.
> A variety of organizations will be our guests on campus this summer. See a schedule.
Campus Weekly is an electronic newsletter from Illinois Wesleyan's Communications Office, edited by Ann Aubry, assistant director for electronic communications. To submit items of interest, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit titanpride.org today to update your profile, register for an event, post pictures, or simply get back in touch.
Titans In The News
The Paris Blog
Miranda Crispin '00 teaches at the American Conservatory L'Ecole Koenig in Paris, and is starring in "The Last Five Years" at L'Auguste Theatre.
McLean County shows an improving economy, explained by Busey Bank Vice Chairman Ed Scharlau during an event at Illinois Wesleyan. Also reported by WGLT Radio, WMBD TV and The Pantagraph.
The 10th Illinois Volunteer Cavalry will camp on The Ames Library lawn during a commemoration of the150th anniversary of the Battle of Gettysburg on July 20-21.
Janet Hamm '73 has resurrected the Morgan County Republican Women's Club, with a goal of informing and mobilizing voters.
Leroy Farmer City Press
Mark Edmundson '90 is returning to his role as head coach for boys' basketball at LeRoy High School.
> More Titans in the News
Get Your Titan Gear
Visit theiwubookstore.com for the latest Titan paraphernalia.
See a Campus