Robustelli Appointed to County Board Seat
Wesleyan's Carlo Robustelli will fill the McLean County Board position vacated by 2010 alum Scott Black, who resigned to take a seat on the Bloomington City Council.
• Illinois Wesleyan has been accepted into the Midwest Lacrosse Conference and the Midwest Women's Lacrosse Conference. The men's team will compete as an independent team in the spring of 2014, and both the men's and women's teams will begin conference play in the spring of 2015.
• Professor of English Dan Terkla has been asked to deliver the Michaelmas term lecture for The Oxford Seminars in Cartography (TOSCA) at Oxford University's Bodleian Library this November.
Terkla also has been an invited speaker in the Maps & Society Lectures series at the University of London's Warburg Institute and in the Cambridge Seminars in the History of Cartography. He was made a fellow of the Royal Geographical Society, London, in 1998.
• Carol Rose '07 stars as Millie in the Fox Valley Repertory production of Why Do Fools Fall in Love? through July 28.
• Jeff Warren '83 acted quickly to aid the victim of a horrific crash near Carnation, Wash., in August 2011, and was featured in a KING 5 news report.
> Find faculty publications and research and creative activity on the University website or Digital Commons @ IWU.
Tuesday, June 25
• 8-10 a.m., Physical Plant -- Reception for New Director of Physical Plant -- The campus community is invited to a reception to meet Jim Blumberg, who joins IWU on Monday, June 24, as the new director of Physical Plant.
Wednesday, June 26
• 4 p.m., Joslin Atrium -- IWU Clothing Swap -- Sponsored by IWU Wellness.
• 7:30 p.m., Westbrook Auditorium, Presser Hall -- Cello Camp Concert Series. Performances continue on June 28 & 30 and July 3 & 6.
Thursday and Friday, July 4-5
Holiday -- Campus offices will be closed for a two-day staff holiday.
> Find more events on the Campus Calendar.
Summer Camps & Conferences
> A variety of organizations will be our guests on campus this summer. See a schedule.
Campus Weekly is an electronic newsletter from Illinois Wesleyan's Communications Office, edited by Ann Aubry, assistant director for electronic communications. To submit items of interest, email email@example.com.
Visit titanpride.org today to update your profile, register for an event, post pictures, or simply get back in touch.
Titans In The News
Norridge Harwood-Heights News
Janelle Santos '10, now pursuing a doctoral degree in social work, has returned from the Peace Corps "forever changed."
Reading (Pa.) Eagle
Professor of English James Plath, president of the John Updike Society, promoted plans to transform the author's childhood home into a national literary landmark.
Construction of the new student apartments at Illinois Wesleyan is on target for fall semester.
Bloomington aldermen unanimously approved giving up the public right of way on Beecher Street between Franklin Avenue and East Street so Illinois Wesleyan can turn the section of street north of State Farm Hall into a pedestrian-only pathway.
The (Yarmouth, Mass.) Register
The principal of Dennis Yarmouth Regional High School borrowed the oft-quoted words of the late Illinois Wesleyan President Minor Myers, jr. in his graduation remarks.
> More Titans in the News
Get Your Titan Gear
Visit theiwubookstore.com for the latest Titan paraphernalia.
See a Campus
Transforming Lives Campaign
Goal: $125 million
Progress: $114.16 million
Annual Donor Goal:
4,063 individual donors