Illinois Wesleyan’s New Music Cafe
March 3, 2010
BLOOMINGTON, Ill. – The Illinois Wesleyan University’s School of Music will present
it’s New Music Caf concert on Tuesday, March 9 at 8 p.m. in Westbrook Auditorium of
Presser Hall (1210 N. Park St., Bloomington).
The event is free and open to the public and will include performances by students
and faculty. The New Music Caf Series is coordinated by David Vayo, head of the composition
department and professor of composition and theory.
The New Music Caf repertoire is as follows:
• “Kokopelli” by Katherine Hoover, performed by Michelle Banas on flute.
• Sonata for Viola and Piano, “The Rain” in three movements by Polwit Opapant, performed
by Michael Hall on viola and David Vayo on piano.
• Firmament by Kari Besharse as a recorded electroacoustic composition.
• Third movement from “Piano Trio” in F# Minor by Arno Babajian, performed by Gabriela
Pittsfor on violin, Amanda Mendez on violoncello and Qingfan Jiang on piano.
• “The Temple of Our Listening” by Stephen Jones, performed by Heather DeLong and
Erin Donegan on violin, Sarah Cornish on viola, Hannah Montgomery on violoncello,
Amanda Legner on marimba, Nancy Pounds on piano and conducted by Mario J. Pelusi.
• “Strike2” by Stephen Jones, performed by the IWU Percussion Ensemble made up of
Jacob Bisaillon, Stan Dulkowski, Derek Johnson, Steve Kutschke, Ben Junya, Derek McAnally,
Dan McLaughlin, Mari Mermelstein, Alex Rasmussen, Jacob Roy and directed by Amanda
For additional information, contact the School of Music Office at (309) 556-3061.
Contact: Monica Piotrowski, ’10, (309) 556-3181