Sigma Alpha Iota (ΣΑΙ)
National Founding Date: June 12, 1903 at the University School of Music, Ann Arbor, Michigan.
Local Founding Date: March 3, 1924
Mission Statement: To encourage, nurture and support the art of music.
- To be recognized throughout the world as the foremost fraternity that:
- Supports and encourages women musicians of all ages, races, and nationalities
- Supports and promotes successful and innovative educational programs in music for all stages of life
- Cultivates excellence in musical performance
- Promotes programs and activities that stress the love and importance of music in our lives
- Recognizes technological advances in the field of music
- Dedicates financial resources that ensure the continuation of programs necessary to support the objectives of the fraternity in perpetuity
- Has as its members people who exemplify professional and ethical behavior in the spirit of the Sigma Alpha Iota founders.