McPherson Hall, completed in 1963, is named for IWU's 10th president, Harry W. McPherson, who served from 1932-37. It is the home of the School of Theatre Arts, containing a 300-seat theatre, scene shop, classrooms, and other facilities.
The Alice Millar Center for the Fine Arts, completed in 1973, includes the School of Art; Presser Hall, home to the School of Music; the E. Melba Johnson Kirkpatrick Laboratory Theatre; and McPherson Hall, which houses IWU's main stage theatre.
The New Music Building, adjoining Presser Hall, was constructed in 1973 and dedicated as part of the Alice Millar Center for the Fine Arts. It provides the School of Music with additional studios, rehearsal rooms, an electronic music library, and improved recording facilities.
(2 Ames Plaza East)