The Ames Library provides access to a large format poster printer for students, faculty,
and staff to print color posters for classroom presentations, poster sessions, and
conferences. Poster printing is for academic use only.
You may submit your poster request electronically by filling out the Poster Request Form and then e-mailing your file to firstname.lastname@example.org. (If charging to a department please fill in the 12 digit account number.)
▷ 24" wide - $8.00
▷ 36" wide - $9.00
▷ 42" wide - $10.00
▷ Additional $1.00 per foot after 48"
If you would like to incorporate University logos or marks into your poster you must
use University Communications approved images. Please see their guidelines or use one of the templates below.
Poster Printing Guidelines
- Read our Poster Design Guide for tips on setting up a poster in Power Point.
- The library uses 42, 36 and 24 inch wide paper rolls. Either the width or length of
the poster may not exceed 42, 36 and 24 inches respectively. The opposite direction
may not exceed 48".
- Different color printers print in different shades and do not always match to the
- Posters should be complete and formatted correctly before being submitted for printing
- staff will NOT make changes to design elements.
- Posters are printed by advance request only - please allow up to 2 business days.
During busy times, usually the end of the semester, please allow additional time.
Posters are printed during the hours of 8:00 am to 4:30 pm Monday - Friday.
- Please submit your form and than email your file(s) to email@example.com. You will be notified by e-mail when your poster is ready for pick-up at the Library
- Material on posters must be
(in the public domain or you have permission to use). You are responsible for poster
content and seeking permission to use if applicable.
Resources for Creating Posters