Administrative Assistant - Mellon Center
- Three to four years office experience and/or on-the-job training.
- Knowledge of office systems and procedures and/or specialized skills;
typically acquired in up to one year of post-high school training.
- Computer experience using database, word processing and spreadsheet software
(Microsoft Office preferred).
- Basic knowledge of accounting principles, methods and terminology, preferred.
- Exceptional organizational skills with attention to detail
- Strong communication/interaction skills, with sensitivity to office protocol in working with a diverse constituency
- Strong writing skills
- Ability to work independently
- Provides support for the university committees and programs associated with the Associate Dean of Curricular and Faculty Development: CETAL, May Term, Curriculum Council, Faculty Development, General Education (including Gateway), Writing Center, Writing Program.
- Maintains databases to track Faculty Development programs, May Term courses, curricular action proposals and Gateway Colloquia.
- Provides support to maintain department budgets, data entry of requests, tracking and reporting.
- Organizes workshops and events for programs; reserves rooms, orders food, arranges publicity.
- Assists in revision of handbooks and catalogs for all programs and the University Catalog.
- Assists committees with scheduling meeting times. Prepares correspondence, both email and formal, as necessary and directed. Distributes minutes electronically.
- Maintains Mellon Center department web pages.
- Researches and responds to specific questions regarding detailed university policies and procedures from faculty, students, parents, administrators and vendors.
Hires, trains and supervises student workers.
If interested in this position, please contact Terri Knapp at email@example.com or ext. 3536 in the Human Resources Department no later than Monday, February 25, 2013.
Illinois Wesleyan University’s sexual harassment and sexual violence policy may be accessed at: http://www.iwu.edu/judicial/handbook/SexualHarassment.html.
Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Inclusive Excellence