Information Specialist – Advancement
- One to two years office experience and/or on-the-job training.
- Extended knowledge of standard practices and procedures in a technical or specialized field; typically acquired through completion of one or more specialty programs of two to three years duration.
- Education or experience in information management, business administration, or accounting preferred.
- Understand relational database concepts and experience using a database to store and retrieve information.
- Adept at managing and processing large volumes of work with changing priorities in a fast-paced environment with a high level of accuracy.
- Proficient using report-writing software (e.g. MS Access, Sybase InfoMaker, some limited SQL code) to develop queries and reports that retrieve information from a relational database.
- Excellent computer file management skills and solid knowledge of advanced functions of MS Excel and MS Word, as well as the ability to use WYSIWYG tools to build basic online pages and forms.
- Experience and proven ability to work independently, and also in a group as both a team member and leader.
- Enters a wide range of information into Advancement databases using both manual and mass-load processes.
- Performs integrity functions to ensure and maintain the quality of the data.
- Builds queries and reports that retrieve and present information from relational databases. These solutions will serve as both ad-hoc and long-term solutions for a diverse set of users.
- Uses tools such as MS Excel pivot tables and charts to summarize and present information.
- Leads and/or participates in projects, e.g. mobile application testing; documentation updates; data conversions; and end-user online gift webpage remodels.
- Assists and trains peers, and oversee student workers and volunteers.
Apply in person between the hours of 8-11:30 am and 1-4 pm, no later than December 2, 2013 (closed November 27-29). A timed typing test is required. The final candidate must pass a pre-employment background investigation.
Illinois Wesleyan University
Human Resources, Holmes 209
1312 North Park Street
Bloomington, IL 61701
Illinois Wesleyan University’s sexual harassment and sexual violence policy may be accessed at: http://www.iwu.edu/judicial/handbook/SexualHarassment.html
Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Inclusive Excellence