How do I get access to Banner?
I'm locked out of Banner, what should I do?
What is the time-out period for Banner?
How do I change my Banner password?
Are there any Banner/Oracle password "Best Practices" I should know?
If I have a Banner account, and I have forgotten my password, what do I do?
What are the PC requirements for Banner?
How do I find out what version of Banner I am using?
Who do I contact with Banner issues?
How do I get my printer setup for Banner job submission?
How can I get Banner training?
Access to Banner is restricted to users on a need only basis. An Account/Access Request Form must be completed for all new users and for users needing additional privileges and submitted to Pat Zehr in IT Administrative Services.
Being locked out of Banner usually occurs after 5 failed login attempts and your password has to be reset. Call Pat Zehr in IT Administrative Services at extension 3997.
Time-out period is 60 minutes. Note: If your session times out and you did not finish your transaction, your transaction will be incomplete.
You can change your Banner password in the Oracle Password Change Form (GUAPSWD) by following these simple steps:
- Log into Banner.
- At the GO: prompt, enter form GUAPSWD and press enter.
- You will see the Oracle Password Change Form. Enter your current password in the Oracle password field.
- Enter the new password you created in the New Oracle password field. (Note: Your new password must be a minimum of six characters or longer. Use a combination of letters and numbers.)
- Re-enter your new password again in the Verify Password field.
- Click OK.
- Use a password that has a minimum of 6 characters in length.
- Use a password format(s) that has alphanumeric characters which is a combination of letters and numbers; the letters can be upper and lowercase.
- Reset your password every 45 days.
- Do not use weak passwords. A weak password is a password that can be easily guessed or possibly obtained such as your name, your account login, license plate numbers, words in a dictionary, or a non-alphanumeric password.
- Secure your password information. If you can't remember it mentally, store the written information in a locked location that only you have access to and no one else.
- If you suspected your password has been stolen, immediately report it to the systems administrator or IT Administrative Services.
Call Pat Zehr in IT Administrative Services at extension 3997 or fill out a Project/Services Request Form online and send it through campus mail to IT Administrative Services, Stevenson Hall.
See the Desktop Recommendations page.
- Log into Banner.
- At the Go To: prompt, enter form GUAABOT and press enter.
- You will see the About Banner Form. The Banner version is listed under Database Version or you can get the Release Version for each individual class (i.e., Financial Aid, Human Resources, etc.)
- Once you have the information needed, click OK to return to the General Menu.
Contact IT’s Administrative Services department:
Pat Zehr, 309-556-3997, firstname.lastname@example.org
Tina Keller, 309-556-3938, email@example.com
When calling, you will need to provide the following information:
- Your Personal Information- your name, your office number, and the department where you work.
- The Banner Username that is experiencing the problem.
- Name of process(es) or form(s) with problems.
- Any error messages or numbers that appeared in the dialog boxes or on the Banner Status Bar.
- What were you attempting to do that triggered the error?
- Are any coworkers experiencing the same problem?
- What is the Urgency level: 1-Critical (down), 2- Can work around it temporarily, or 3-Low importance.
Or, you can fill out a Project/Services Request Form online and send it through campus mail to IT Administrative Services, Stevenson Hall, or submit it via email.
A 3900 call to Tom Olsen or Roy Bailey. The Help Desk will need the following information about the printer:
- IP Address of printer.
- Printer name.
- Printer Model.
- Location of Printer.
Banner basic training is offered to faculty/staff throughout the year by the IT Training Department. The class was developed to assist users in becoming familiar with the Banner environment, learning basic navigation and terminology, Windows form elements, querying and viewing. Contact Rick Lindquist at extension 1056 to schedule training.