iPhone & iPad Email Setup
- From the Home screen, tap Settings
- Select "Mail, Contacts, Calendars"
- Choose "Add Account"
- Choose "Google"
- You will either be asked for your email address (for newer iOS versions)
- or you will be asked to fill in the following (for older iOS versions)
Name: Your Name
Address: IWU Email Address
Password: IWU Email Password
Description: IWU Mail
- Select "Next." You will be asked to authenticate to this new account.
- If your account has not been successfully created, check the "Advanced Settings" for incoming mail and "Outgoing Server>smtp.gmail.com". They should look like this:
If you have any further questions, please contact the IT Help Desk at 309-556-3900 or IT@iwu.edu.
Android Email Setup
- From the Home screen, tap the gmail icon. If that icon is not available on the home screen tap applications and then the gmail icon
- Chose Add an Email Address
- Highlight Google and click Next
- Enter your email address and click Next
- Enter your netID and password and click Next
You should choose to set up your IWU email on a mobile device as an IMAP. It will probably be the choice of "other" on most devices.
The incoming mail server is imap.gmail.com
The outgoing mail server is smtp.gmail.com
You can access most google applications by going to m.google.com on your mobile device.