Having a problem with your personally owned computer?
Did you know?
* A Windows computer without virus protection, and on the Internet, will likely become infected with a virus in less than half an hour.
* The vast majority of personally-owned Windows computers that come to the IT House for service are found to be infected with viruses and/or spyware.
* It can take several hours to scan a computer for viruses and spyware. This is often not a single process, but can require multiple passes with different tools. Some infected computers have taken more than six hours to scan.
Here's how the ITS Service Desk can help.
Please bring your personally owned computer to the ITS Service Desk located in the Thorpe Center on the 3rd floor of the Ames Library.
- Virus & Malware services
- Data recovery*
- Hardware replacement / upgrades
- Software installation**
- General troubleshooting
* Note that we cannot guarantee a full recovery on some devices.
** We can only install limited proprietary software on some Faculty/Staff machines.
Looking for computer recycling in the Bloomington/Normal area? The Ecology Action Center lists local businesses that accept computers and other electronics for recycling services.