Here are answers for some of the most frequently asked questions about Illinois Wesleyan's Banner System.
- How do I get access to Banner?
- I'm locked out of Banner, what should I do?
- What is the time-out period for Banner?
- How do I change my Banner password?
- Are there any Banner/Oracle password "Best Practices" I should know?
- If I have a Banner account, and I have forgotten my password, what do I do?
- How do I find out what version of Banner I am using?
- Who do I contact with Banner issues?
- How do I get my printer setup for Banner job submission?
- Who are the Data Stewards?
How do I get access to Banner?
I'm locked out of Banner, what should I do?
What is the time-out period for Banner?
How do I change my Banner password?
- Log into Banner.
- At the GO: prompt, enter form GUAPSWD and press enter.
- You will see the Oracle Password Change Form. Enter your current password in the Oracle password field.
- Enter the new password you created in the New Oracle password field. (Note: Your new password must be a minimum of six characters or longer. Use a combination of letters and numbers.)
- Re-enter your new password again in the Verify Password field.
- Click OK.
Are there any Banner/ Oracle Password "Best Practices" I should know?
- Use a password that has a minimum of 6 characters in length.
- Use a password format(s) that has alphanumeric characters which is a combination of letters and numbers; the letters can be upper and lowercase.
- Do not use weak passwords. A weak password is a password that can be easily guessed or possibly obtained such as your name, your account login, license plate numbers, words in a dictionary, or a non-alphanumeric password.
- Secure your password information. If you can't remember it mentally, store the written information in a locked location that only you have access to and no one else.
- If you suspected your password has been stolen, immediately report it to the systems administrator or IT Administrative Services.
If I have a Banner Account, and I have forgotten my password, what do I do?
How do I find out what version of Banner I am using?
- Log into Banner.
- At the Go To: prompt, enter form GUAABOT and press enter.
- You will see the About Banner Form. The Banner version is listed under Database Version or you can get the Release Version for each individual class (i.e., Financial Aid, Human Resources, etc.)
- Once you have the information needed, click Exit Help to return to the General Menu.
Who do I contact with Banner issues?
Contact ITS Administrative Systems:
When calling, you will need to provide the following information:
- Your Personal Information- your name, your office number, and the department where you work.
- The Banner Username that is experiencing the problem.
- Name of process(es) or form(s) with problems.
- Any error messages or numbers that appeared in the dialog boxes or on the Banner Status Bar.
- What were you attempting to do that triggered the error?
- Are any coworkers experiencing the same problem?
- What is the Urgency level: 1-Critical (down), 2- Can work around it temporarily, or 3-Low importance.
How do I get my printer setup for Banner job submission?
A 3900 call to Pat Zehr. The Help Desk will need the following information about the printer:
- IP Address of printer.
- Printer name.
- Printer Model.
- Location of Printer.
Who are the Data Stewards?
Admissions - Bob Murray
Financial Aid - Scott Seibring
Finance - John Bryant
General - Trey Short
Human Resources - Cathy Spitz
Student - Leslie Betz